would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

not receiving notification e-mails

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi there!

Up until now I have been receiving notification e-mails from a local communication chat site. All of a sudden I am not receiving them and they have informed me that talk talk are dropping most of the incoming e-mails.  I have not stated the site just in case of security?? I use Thunderbird as my browser? is that the word? Sorry I am a technophobe. Could you possibly check for me and I will let you know the site if you need it.

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Diane

People marking their emails as spam do get them blocked.  Or get put in the spam folder or trash which is where to look first.

But the response from the sender seems a bit vague... "dropping most" implies some are getting through... but presumably none to you?

@Diane wrote:..they have informed me that talk talk are dropping most of the incoming e-mails. 

If your talktalk email is on the new TalkTalk Mail platform. Please sign in to TalkTalk Mail look in Spam and Trash folders and also make sure there are no Filter rules active. There may be a Blocked Senders Filter that's been carried forward from the former talktalk webmail.

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select Mail (or Email - left side panel)
  • Select Filter Rules
  • If no previous rules exist then that's perfect
  • If the Blocked Senders Filter rule or other filtering rule is there
    Use the Disable option to temporarily turn off the rule(s) for testing and let us know what you found.

Have you asked the sender to confirm what error message they're seeing as a bounceback error rejection from TalkTalk? We'd like to know the error code and description as that can help identify where the problem is. 

Your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) appears complete but just check it includes your full name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Correct as needed, then scroll down and add your email address and the sender's email address to Private notes and save changes.

The OCE will be keen to see what you find out in the initial troubleshooting and can take it from there.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

I have asked the site regarding an error message etc. so will let you know.

I do not use the talktalkMail platform for e-mailing so have not signed in to this.

Perhaps I need to? So sorry!

Diane

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Diane

Your email address - what talktalk managed email domain is it? That's the bit after the @ in the email address. for example talktalk.net, lineone.net, tiscali.co.uk or another?

Have you not received any emails from TalkTalk about an upgrade to the new TalkTalk Mail platform?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

HI Diane, follow the steps Gondola gave in the first post and let us know if once you've checked for filters in your setup that may be blocking the mail. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Ady,

I have asked Nexdoor as requested if they receive an error message. Waiting to ohear. Will remind them.

Does the new e-mail platform apply to me as I do not use the tt webmail but

Thunderbird. 

Perhaps I am totally confused now? So sorry!

Diane

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Diane

Have you never signed in to TalkTalk webmail on the former webmail platform? The reason for asking is that there's a Blocked Senders Filter associated with the former webmail that will, if it was there previously, have been moved over to the new TalkTalk Mail platform.

Incoming messages caught by the Blocked Senders Filter will have been moved to the Trash folder.

Thunderbird has no blocking of incoming messages but it does have a Junk message function and messages marked as junk do get discarded.

You can sign in to the TalkTalk Mail mailbox using its email address and the same password as you use with Thunderbird and that email address.  If you don't know the password then luckily Thunderbird has a password manager that remembers the password.

Thunderbird > Menu > Options > Options > Security > Passwords tab > Saved Passwords > Show Passwords

Highlighted

Hi Diane, let us know how you're getting on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi there!

I logged into mail platform and did the following as suggested:

Select the Menu option  top right
(triple line hamburger icon) Select Settings from the list Select Mail (or Email - left side panel) Select Filter Rules If no previous rules exist then that's perfect If the Blocked Senders Filter rule or other filtering rule is there :

There weren't any rules in the box so assume that is ok. No spam either.

At a bit of a loss now. Still not receiving notifications sorry!

Highlighted

Hi Diane, thanks for confirming that no filters or forwards are in place. I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Ady, thank you.

Nothing changed as yet but I copy below an update from Nextdoor.co.uk - help.

Hope this helps at the moment. They are looking for the error messages! (if any)

Diane.

Hi Diane,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Our engineers are still gathering the information to provide to your email service provider, Talktalk.

Once I've received their response, I will attach the requested information right away on our next email.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Marlou
Nextdoor

Highlighted

It might be a little soon, but I've sent a chaser to the email team for you. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
thank you very much
Highlighted

Hopefully this will be sorted soon for you. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello Ady,

Thought I would just pass on the reply from Nextdoor for your information. Just wait for your response? Thanks a bunch. (Still not receiving the notifications though). Not the end of the world but it would be nice. Ta

Diane

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

So sorry, didn't attach!!!!!!!! Silly billy

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your patience.

Normally, we'd be able to provide the error codes for cases like this but I'm afraid we are unable to because our engineer confirmed us that they have already cleared your email address from the hold in order to resume the delivery of our emails to your email address in which also cleared the error code already. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If the problem persist in the future, you can contact us directly using the link below, so we can retrieve the error codes right away:

https://help.nextdoor.com/s/contactus?language=en_US???????

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Marlou
Nextdoor

Highlighted

Thanks for the update. I've sent a chaser to get updates on the status of the fault ticket for you. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
hi Ady, any luck yet? Thanks
Highlighted

I've sent a chaser for you. You should have heard by now. 

Highlighted

The admins are showing a mail received from nextdoor.co.uk on 10/08. Have you seen that mail? Have you checked your spam folder for it If not they want dates and times of the sent mail from them that you've not received.