Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

obsolete account - deletion required

3 REPLIES 3
jbuchanangb
Philosopher

I have discovered that an e-mail account I set up on Tiscali years ago is still alive and receiving then occasional message.

On 14/3/19 it received a message about having been migrated to the new mail system, and it has received nine messages since then, none of which I have opened.

In 2018 it received 4 messages and there is one from 2017.

I suppose that by accidentally accessing it I have triggered it into many months more of survival.

Is there a way to get it deleted? It does not appear in the list of e-mail accounts when I log in to the TalkTalk "My Account".

surfing from my 10 years old Dell Inspiron 545, running Windows 10 and using a Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN USB Network Adapter to connect to Sagemcom FAST 5364 router
Gondola
Community Star

Hi John

Have you tried to add the tiscali email account into your MyAccount?  Depends if you have a spare slot in the 5 available and that the address isn't linked to a former service account. If you are successful in adding the address then you can delete it.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing mailbox.png

If you aren't able to add the tiscali email account into your MyAccount to delete it then the only way to arrange deletion is via the Data Protection team. The article Access information we hold on you has a section on the Right to Erasure. It's a postal application and along with personal data to identify you they'll need to verify you as the registered user of the email address. Your address and 'phone number at the time of initial registration should suffice.

Let us know how you get on.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

jbuchanangb
Philosopher

Thanks.

That functionality has been greatly improved since the last time I needed to add an e-mail account (my wife's), which was eventually done for me by an OCE.

I have added it, and deleted it. I will run a test to make sure it has gone.

surfing from my 10 years old Dell Inspiron 545, running Windows 10 and using a Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN USB Network Adapter to connect to Sagemcom FAST 5364 router
Gondola
Community Star

Excellent, John.

Let us know if there are any issues. There are currently a few people experiencing MyAccount not playing very nice and there's open tickets for investigations taking place.

But if the mailbox got added to the MyAccount email address list and got removed when selecting and confirming deletion (there's a pop-up warning window that requires browser pop-up blockers to be disabled first) then the address should have been removed from the current active database.  

Emails to the address will get an 'unavailable' or 'undeliverable' or via talktalk mail a 'Delivery to Recipient not Allowed' (TT510) bounceback.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer