cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

old customer trying to sign up to mailplus

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

I  have had notification that my email account will be deleted as I no longer have a broadband acct. I still use my talktalk email address and do not want to lose it so Im looking to sign up for the mailplus at £5 a month, but I do not seem to be able to do this.  I have accessed my acc details by changing my pass word but I can not find where to join/sign up for this service.

My email is due to close in 2 days and Ive been trying to sort this out before this happens.

Can someone please help me?

Community Star

Hi @jpat68 

Here's the subscription application page: Subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus

The first step is to check your email address and password is eligible and when that gets verified you'll choose the monthly or annual option.

On completion you'll get an email confirmation with your Direct Debit reference and the MyAccount number.  The email address should be automatically added to the MyAccount. You'll be able to add 4 more.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Thank you for your advice, I have followed the link and I believe I have set up my direct debit and have now got this service & will not lose the access, but I have not had a confirmation email saying it has gone through.

Is there anywhere I can check the status?  

Secondly, I appear to only be able to access my account using a different  email address and not the talktalk one, is this ok?

Sorry for more questions.

June 

Community Star

Hi jpat68 

I don't quite understand what the situation is here.

I thought you indicated you weren't a current TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer so you wanted to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus which is only for ex-customers.  So I think as a first step we need to clarify if you are or are not a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer.

First Timer

my broadband acct was closed in 2015,but I continued to use my talktalk email address, I assumed the account was registered under this,  but it was not,  I have now been able to access my account page  by changing my password & using another email address but it was still recognising my details, 

I have now received an email to confirm the DD is set up and so my account is now updated.

Thank you again for all your help & sorry for any confusion I caused.

June

Community Star

Hi jpat68 

So just to make sure everything is ok, you have signed in to the new MyAccount for Mail Plus and you see the mailbox you registered for MailPlus already listed there? The new Mail Plus MyAccount number will be sent in the email along with the Direct Debit reference.

I just would like you to be sure you're signing in to the new Mail Plus MyAccount and not an old one for your previous service.