Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

old tiscali email account has been hacked

10 REPLIES 10
HOTDOG97
First Timer

I have an old Tiscali email account that's linked to an ebay account (that I dont use a great deal) which I've tried to log on to and discover that both accounts have been hacked. I'm in a vicious circle as ebay have sent an email to my Tiscali address to reinstate my account but Im unable to access this and they wont allow another email address, which I understand. Can someone from the technical team assist me in accessing my Tiscali account so I can sort out my ebay account and then close the Tiscali email address account down? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @HOTDOG97 

Taking this in stages, can I assume you cannot sign in to the Tiscali email account here - does it say the password is wrong i.e. it's been changed or does it say the account is blocked?

Are you a talktalk broadband customer i.e. you have access to the TalkTalk MyAccount?

Have you set up Password Reset details for the tiscali email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.  If you don't recognise any alternate then don't try this option.

Let us know the outcome so the next steps can be advised.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

HOTDOG97
First Timer

Hi Gondola

Thank you for replying 

I have tried to log in but it informs me the password is incorrect. Ive tried the reset option too but the email address linked to the account is unknown to me so I didn’t proceed. I’m not a talk talk customer so I don’t have access to my account. I’ve had the email address for 9 years or so and I have a feeling it was originally BT but can’t quite remember. 

Im in a bit of a pickle so any ideas what I can do next? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi HOTDOG97 

What's needed is to verify you as the registered user of the tiscali email address, secure the mailbox and set up new Reset details so you can choose a new ultra-strong password and regain access.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Community Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, the password will be changed, Reset details set up and an email team member will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

In the long term, if you wish to have the email account deleted then that's a postal application to the Data Protection team following the advice in Access information we hold on you and the section Right to Erasure. They'll also need to verify you as the registered email user so offer the same detail as noted above.

Community Team

Hi HOTDOG97, could you add and alternate email address to your private notes so that I can raise the fault ticket for you.

HOTDOG97
First Timer
Hi

I have now added my email address as requested

Thanks
Community Team

Thanks, I've logged the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

HOTDOG97
First Timer

Thank you OCE _ADY but I’m not sure what I now need to do to gain access to my account

claire 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Claire

OCE_Ady is not online after 4pm and we haven't been briefed on Bank Holiday staffing so don't know if there's TalkTalk support on Monday or if Ady's not back until Tuesday.

So, taking this to the next stage, the email team may have set up Password Reset details for your tiscali email address so that your alternate email and or mobile number can receive the password reset link. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.  If you don't recognise any alternate then don't try this option.

Let us know the outcome so the next steps can be advised.

Community Team

Hi Claire, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information for this fault ticket.

Community Team

Hi Claire, I've replied to your PM and raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on.