Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

problems viewing .jpg files as attachments in webmail

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

Hi

I am experiencing problems with view .jpg attachments in webmail.  It used to work fine and I have not changed any settings so am at a loss to understand the problem now.

Any suggestions?

Kevin
Community Star

Hi Kevin

I don't see a problem in viewing attached images. The images need to be in the correct format.

Attachments.png

There are options for viewing the image, opening the image in a browser and downloading.

Select the inward facing arrowhead and that then gives details of the image file and on the right side is a thumbnail block icon to toggle an image preview giving you a thumbnail in the email detail view.

All appears to be working as expected.

What do you see?  A screenshot would be good but obscure email addresses before posting.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kevin1401, keep us posted with your progress on this? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Hi Thanks for the response.  It's not that I don't know how to do it.  It's that when I try to open an image in the browser for example all I get is a blank screen with the timer icon whirring around.  I am able to download and view but don't necessarily want to do that all the time

Kevin

Kevin
Community Star

Hi Kevin

If the viewing of the attachment image jpg file results in the download arrows circling and then a message indicating "Sorry there is no preview available for this image" it means the image handler association is wrong. Not a uncommon issue on a computer.

So, the resolution is to sign out of TalkTalk Mail and sign back in again to set the default image handler association and you should find the image will now display.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Please let us know how you get on with Gondola's suggestions.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.