would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

removing ads in my inbox

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
roddy5
Chat Champion

Hi, just opened the 'new' e-mail and waiting for me in my inbox was an ad from Dell - I can't see how to delete it as there is no little box to tick. See attached s/shot.

Any suggestions

Txs

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @roddy5 

What you see is a banner advertisement in the slot above your Inbox. It's not an email in the Inbox.

Moderator Note: For your security, I have deleted the screenshot as it was revealing another email address.  Regards, Gondola

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @roddy5 

I've been trialling Ghostery's Ad-Blocker browser add-on and it does effectively suppress unwanted advertisements.

I have found that Google's reCAPTCHA can also get blocked so the easy workaround is to enable google.com in the Ad-Blocker for those sites, including TalkTalk logins, where reCAPTCHA is used.

Highlighted
Saga-2
First Timer

I am also getting ads in my inbox.  Cannot see how to delete them.  Anyone know how I  can stop them coming through?

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Saga-2 

If your description is exactly the same as that described by roddy5 then the advertising isn't in your Inbox, as such, it's in an advertising panel above the list of emails.

Yahoo mail has very similar sponsored advertising in its email app.

You might like to read my reply to roddy5 or indeed read my reply to your own topic here