Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

sending receiving emails pipex

5 REPLIES 5
wimsatim
First Timer

Hi 

Last few days not receiving emails from a few friends and I am unable to send to them, examples below of errors, there have been no changes to either accounts and most of my mail is working ok, is there a new filter change:

Sending from me below

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

* eddie@************.co.uk

Reason: The following message to eddie@***********.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem: 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Sending to me below

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
phillip.*********@dsl.pipex.com
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
The following organization rejected your message: mx-1.dsl.pipex.com.

Sending to me below

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'*******  ******' on 07/01/2020 11:44

550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @wimsatim 

You say that most of your mail is working ok. So, this circumstance, which I've also seen reported in another thread today, is perhaps limited to a specific recipient or mail service provider or network.

So I'd like to find out a bit more about the circumstance.

The email address you're sending to that reports the mailbox is unavailable - what domain is that? Have you checked that the mailbox address is valid and the mailbox is not full or locked or otherwise rejecting your mail?

As for why your dsl.pipex mailbox is not found for incoming emails that's a mystery.  The first step is to check that you can sign in to your pipex mailbox via the pipex webmail sign-in.  And try composing a message and sending the same mailbox that message to prove the mailbox will send and receive messages.

Can you just confirm that you are connected to the TalkTalk network or specify which network you're connected to when sending.

And if not using pipex webmail that you are sending from the pipex smtp server using a pipex domain mailbox with a pipex domain sending email address.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your pipex email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

wimsatim
First Timer

That particular recipient is a business and has been active a long time, I have a secondary email which I have tested to the recipients address tonight and it works fine.
I mainly use Microsoft Outlook for email and I’m on the talktalk network, have also tried from webmail and it also fails, the undelivered message error is almost instant.
The email which I did not receive was part of a group email and it was only my domain dsl.pipex which failed.
I have been in contact with this address for the last 10 years with no issues.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi wimsatim 

Based on that limited information I'd conclude that your email address has been blocked by the recipient.

As for the singular failure to identify your pipex email address the DNS error doesn't really make sense as I'd expect this to impact many pipex users and not just a couple of users. If you've got the time and date of the incoming mail rejection I'm sure that would help.

Can the fail be replicated?

TalkTalk will be picking up this thread and the other thread to see if the root cause can be found.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

wimsatim
First Timer

Looks as if I am not the only one having problems with dsl.pipex domain if the new threads are anything to go by, over the past year or so there have been numerous issues with this domain, if talktalk cannot support this legacy domain just admit it and then users can find an alternative solution or more probably another ISP.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi wimsatim, are you still having trouble with your mailbox? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.