cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

talk talk customer, some emails withheld. Talktalk advise email plus at a cost !

ANSWERED
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Carlton24v
First Timer

Im sorry but can anyone help, i'm really confused. My parents in their late 80s rang Talktalk when they received an e-mail about registering their email accounts.They have broadband with talktalk & phone.

They were told they need to amalgamate their emails with email plus ! So I drove round to their house as my dad said talk Talk were asking him for his email password ! ( I was worried )and rang up talk talk myself and the guy told me I have to buy e-mail plus to retain the email address.

Could barely understand the guys Indian accent but being told different to what I read.

Do we just give up with talkTalk ? Internet is useless and they charge my parents more & more to boost the service and often only get  .9 Meg and sometimes 2.7 and often none.

There was a link in the email to follow to amalgamate their 2nd email address ( they only have 2 ) but the link didn't work either ! it said server error. probably the lack of internet ! 

So what do we do ?

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Carlton24v 

The email message from TalkTalk looked like this:

TalkTalk Mail Plus Mailshot 15Oct2019.png

TalkTalk Broadband customers can, via their Broadband MyAccount, create, add and use up to 5 mailboxes free as part of their TalkTalk service.

The email from TalkTalk is going out to all mailboxes that are not yet registered to an active Broadband MyAccount.  The purpose is to ask customers to add any existing mailboxes that they wish to keep to their MyAccount to safeguard them from deletion and from charges.

The advice from the TalkTalk agent is only applicable to non-TalkTalk customers. Existing TalkTalk customers will not have to buy Mail Plus to retain up to 5 mailboxes but they will need to Register the email addresses in their MyAccount. I assume they know the email passwords?  They'll need those to register.

If for any reason the 'Register your email address in MyAccount' blue button doesn't work then ask them to sign in to MyAccount and select My Services and then Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list.

They'll see:

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Select the Add an existing mailbox link and follow the instructions, entering the first part of the email address, selecting the second part of the email address from the drop down list and then entering the mailbox password and selecting the Add blue button.

The added mailbox address will then appear in the My Mailboxes list.

Let us know if that's been successful. Assuming it has then your parents have safeguarded their mailboxes within their TalkTalk Broadband MyAccount and they'll be happy to know the mailboxes and all the features of TalkTalk Mail are free.

The circumstances when adding a mailbox is not successful can be resolved by TalkTalk so let us know if that happens. A mailbox can be locked to an inactive MyAccount or not be on the active database preventing it from being added to their current MyAccount. 

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Carlton24v, Gondola's response is spot on. If you your parents have email addresses that aren't linked to a current MyAccount they'll have got this email. Just follow the steps that Gondola has given you and let us know how you get on.