Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

talktalk mail plus

17 REPLIES 17
martin15
Team Player

How do you contact TalkTalk about mail Plus?

If I phone TalkTalk I cannot get through as I have no TalkTalk home phone or  account number to put into the system to talk with someone. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Martin

Here's the advice About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

We can help you here on Community.  First thing to ask is have you received an email invitation to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus?

What would you like to know about Mail Plus?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi martin15, have you received an email from us about it? The link Gondola has given you gives all the current information you need until you've got an email. 

martin15
Team Player
I have spent 1 hr on the chat line plus 2 hr on the phone with the same problem. TT need to get this problem sorted.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Martin

What stage are you at?

1. Received the invitation email for Mail Plus
  2. Subscribed to Mail Plus
  3. Got an email related to the subscription
  4. Signed in to MyAccount to manage the mailboxes
 Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi martin15, we're in the process of fixing the issue. I'm not sure why you've been kept on the phone for so long. There is information available to the agents that tells them exactly what to tell you if you report this issue. What you should have been told is that there's no need to worry, no action will be taken until we've resolved the problem for you. 

Just to confirm you've got an old MyAccount that shows the email addresses you want to add to a new MyAccount but you've not been able to register fully due the old MyAccount still being in place is that correct?

martin15
Team Player

The first problem you have when trying to contact TT(0345 172 0088) is that your system doesn't allow for someone phoning in without a TT land line number.

If you only have mail plus you don't have a TT landline number.

I have been told that it will take 5 to 10 days  before TT call back to sort the problem what is going wrong at your end?

martin15
Team Player

Stage 3 received a email to set up my account.

TT system will not let me log on as I don't have a TT land line number.

Community Team

Hi martin15, you don't need a phone number for us to help you. If you let me know what's failing I can help. I can see that you've not yet got a MyAccount setup so am guessing that registration has failed. I take it you have the email from us notifying you about TalkTalkmail plus and you've followed the instructions in the mail? 

If you've not had a mail from us about TalkTalk mail plus you won't be able to sign up for it. 

martin15
Team Player

Yes registration failed.

Had a email back from TT saying a Direct Debit had been set up and a new account number.

Could not access account so contacted TT and was told to wait 24 hr to 48 hr for the next email.

That did not arrive so phoned TT.

The TT  agent sent a email with a link to registration.

I followed the instructions but my email/phone number were incorrect.

The information is correct so 2 more phone calls and the case being escalated I'm no further forward. The last agent said he had to speak to his CO to get it sorted and they would phone back in 5-10 days.

Community Team

Ok ignore what you've been told on the phone. I'll make sure that your email address is excluded from further action until your registration is completed properly, I'm raising the issue to the email project of which I'm part. If you haven't had the registration complete mail yet it won't come until we fix you registration. You won't have to pay and can ignore any other emails you might get until we let you know via the community that it's sorted. Don't call in you'll only get frustrated as they can't help you. 

martin15
Team Player

What about the other 4 email accounts I have, will they be ok?

Community Team

Each mailbox is treated seperately. If you haven't had a mail to the others then the clock hasn't started on them yet. I'm hoping the problems will be fixed very soon. In fact the fixes for some are in place from today so you should be ok.

martin15
Team Player

I have received notifications on some of my other email accounts.

Will they be ok as the problem is still not sorted?

Community Team

If you add them to your profile I'll raise them to be excluded from further action. 

martin15
Team Player

Have add them to profile.

thanks

Community Team

Thanks for that. I've raised the issue again to have your MyAccount registration sorted and then we can get everything in place for you. 

martin15
Team Player

How is the progress for sorting this out as I am still having threatening emails to shut some of my registered accounts down which are listed under my profile?