Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

unable to delete email addresses / add email address to my account

7 REPLIES 7
stiljon
First Timer

I have a tiscali email address that I have used for many years which isn't showing on my "manage Talk Talk mail" page, however when I try to add it I get an error message. I therefore need to add this before the deadline.

I have 7 email accounts already showing on this page, but when I have sent test emails to them all, 3 came back undeliverable. But when I try to delete these 3 from that page I keep getting a message - "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later"

So I need these 3 email addresses deleting and the one adding - I have seen other posts regarding this so know about adding the details to my private notes, I just wasn't sure whether I needed to alert you first for the problem to be referred.

Thanks

Stefan

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Stefan

The reason you'll not be able to delete the email addresses from your MyAccount is that the system has not found those addresses on the active database.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team as you'll need their authorisation to have the 3 email addresses removed from your MyAccount to release just one spare slot in the maximum of 5 TalkTalk mailboxes allowed for TalkTalk customers.

That one spare slot is perfect for adding your tiscali email address using the Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the 3 email addresses for deletion with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

stiljon
First Timer

Hi, thanks for your help.

I have added the details to my profile. 

Will I receive any confirmation that the email addresses have been deleted? I will obviously check regularly as there is a time limit for adding the unlinked one.

Thanks again,

Stefan 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi stiljon 

The OCE should let you know in a reply to this Community thread that the unwanted email addresses have been removed.  But as you say, a regular check signing in to MyAccount and navigating to Manage TalkTalk Mail will show you.

When's the deadline for adding the tiscali email address to the existing MyAccount? 

If it's soon and the removal of the unwanted email addresses is likely to overrun that date then the OCE has a way of excluding the tiscali mailbox from any adverse action (an exclusion list) to allow time for the mailbox to be added to MyAccount.

Some customers are still experiencing a problem adding a 5th mailbox so the addition of the tiscali mailbox may need to be also actioned for you.  Let us know in due course if you have this issue but hoping it'll all go well for you.

Community Team

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the information, I've sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

stiljon
First Timer

I have just checked and the 3 email addresses have been deleted as requested. 

That left a space for the unlinked one. I have added that and it is now showing okay in the list.

Thanks for sorting this out for me, and for your very quick resolution to the problem.

Cheers

Stefan.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Stefan

And thanks to you for taking time out to let us know. Your feedback is always good.

Community Team

Hi Stefan, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. I'm pleased we were able to help.