unable to send emails

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I get the following error message when I try to send an email 

Sorry could not send your message

There network address your devise has been assigned is on and industry blacklist to prevent spam.

The problem should be addressed  by your network service provider?

Thanks

p barnes
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @barney59 

The error message indicates that the service provider recipient of your email is unwilling to accept your email. The quoted reason is that your public IP address - the Internet address dynamically given to your broadband router when it makes a connection to the Internet - is on a spam blocklist.

You can try getting a different IP address for your router by disconnecting or depowering the router for a few minutes (30 minutes for fibre connections) then reconnecting or repowering.

But it's also important to use SSL/TLS encryption security and for the outgoing SMTP server to get network authentication as this helps to prevent other mail servers rejecting your messages.

Recommended email client settings for TalkTalk managed mailboxes is given in Email settings - IMAP and POP3 

Let us know what happens.  If you need further help then please offer some screenshots of your email client advanced settings and incoming and outgoing server settings.  Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and post here using the Insert Photos icon (camera) above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help its spot on now

p barnes
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Great bit of support there from Gondola. I've marked that post as best answer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.