cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

wrong email address

3 REPLIES 3
Popular Poster

I recently joined talk talk however the adviser spelt my name wrong in my email address which now all my billing emails and welcome pack etc from talk talk went to someone else’s email address. I can’t access my talk talk account because they have the wrong email address for so I can’t register to gain access to my account there either. I received my equipment and my go live day is meant to be today however is not live as of yet there is just one flashing orange light on the router. I can’t get hold of anyone on the phones lines to see what my service status is in regards to the internet. Iv been trying since last week to get hold of someone to correct my email to solve this problem but failed every time. Please help! 

KaylieghRose
Community Star

Hi @KaylieghRose 

Let's see if there's a quick fix. It will depend on whether you made a note of the MyAccount password.

If you know the email address that MyAccount has been set up with and the password then just sign in with those credentials.

Then create a new TalkTalk mailbox and set that as the new login for your MyAccount. The MyAccount password will be the same as the one you create for the TalkTalk mailbox.

Managing your email in My Account 

But success will rely on you knowing the current password for MyAccount.  Let me know and we'll take it from there. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Popular Poster
Hi thanks for your reply I do have the email and password I set to however have tried this and has been unsuccessful:( I still can’t get through to anyone on the phones to change this. I think I need to register account ? However can’t do this as it’s asking for landline number which I don’t have.
KaylieghRose
Community Star

Hi KaylieghRose 

Well, you can try to register for MyAccount but if the account number and telephone number are already pre-registered for MyAccount then the system will not allow a second registration.

Just in case, your allocated telephone number and account number are both in the Welcome Pack that you should have received in the post.

The telephone number can also be listened to by plugging a handset into the phone socket and dialling 17070. Have a pen/pencil and paper handy. The number will be read out to you..."this circuit is defined as..<number>"

If the MyAccount registration fails then we'll have to get TalkTalk on the case to reset your MyAccount and set it up correctly.

Put the email address you wish to use in your Community profile Private notes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer