email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1.1 7aYmmlqckdows Too Many Recipients (TT502).

Nicko39
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I keep getting the error message 4.1.1 7aYmmlqckdows Too Many Recipients (TT502)

I send Newsletters occasionally in groups of 15 max. I believe the server needs time to process. However even when leaving some group mails overnight and trying next morning I still get the same error message.

This has been a problem for some time - please help

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

If the VPN host server is in another country and the network it's connected to is deemed a high spam risk then TalkTalk will lower the rate limited threshold as a spam protection measure. 

VPN's are good for security when connecting to public wi-fi networks but not suitable when sending to large numbers of recipients using distribution lists. Spammers also use VPN's to hide their sending IP address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Just checked my Kaspersky VPN and made sure it was switched off. I then tried sending the remaining group mails and they all went ! Could the VPN be the problem ?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your comments Gondola. I have had this problem for several years but it has got much worse recently. I used to send out groups of mail with not more than 30 participants. I could send about seven then have to wait for a few hours before sending the rest. That was irritating but manageable - however now a few hours wait is insufficient. I still cannot send the next day.  Is it possible to get a bit more space on the server so that I do not have this performance? I only have to send out these group mails occasionally but it is frustrating when I do !

I tried changing my password from within Thunderbird but that did not seem to work. I have not tried webmail, Thunderbird seems easy enough and I have set up my Address Book groups there.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

I doubt that the mail server is at fault. But it has obviously got you rate limited for a reason. 

Are you sending from a TalkTalk network broadband connection?  Are you using a VPN?

Have you upgraded your email password?

Have you tried just using webmail?

0 Likes

Nicko39
First Timer
Message 5 of 8

Managed to send some yesterday evening. Wanted to send a simple message to one recipient this morning but got the same 'Too many recipients' message. Managed to send them from my iPad however. Sent a couple more from my PC just now but now locked again. Looks like something wrong with the mail server ?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Nicko39, Gondola's advice is always good. How are you getting on?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Nicko39 

TT502 means that the daily limit on numbers of recipients has been exceeded. When that limiter is triggered, the full sending allowance is restored in 24 hours and only partially restored in the run up to 24 hours from the last successful send.

Does your sending over the course of 24 hours run into hundreds of recipients? If each group / distribution list is 15 email addresses then you'd have to send that list say 3 times an hour and again for the next 10 hours and you still wouldn't hit the daily limiter.

So, although only you know your sending profile, I'd say you might need to consider either that there's been a lot of fails and retrys or that someone has discovered your mailbox password and is also using your mailbox to send mail.

Changing your password might be a prudent action to take just as a precaution.

Changing your email password