email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTN OF COMMUNITY TEAM - ACCUSATIONS OF SPAMMING

Eizo24
Chat Champion
Message 13 of 15

I keep getting emails accusing me of spamming this forum - e.g. post 10 here.

Can a moderator do something to shut them up please?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Great support Gondola nice one. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

@Gondola wrote:

.....Enjoy your evening.

You tooemoticon.gold.title

Message 3 of 15

Hi Eizo24

Nice one. 100% success.

Enjoy your evening.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 15

Ok, Gmail address is listed as as one of the alternates (yippee).

I don't think I'll test it - I'd have to change the password in Outlook as well and I don't want to push my luck! emoticon.scream.title

alternate ok 800.jpg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi @Eizo24

Just select the Reset your Password option again. Enter your talktalk email address, tick and complete the I'm not a robot test and select the blue Continue button.

Other than sending the reset to the talktalk email account itself, there should now be alternates listed. You should recognise the gMail one from the partial hints.

No need to complete the password reset unless you wish to fully test the gMail link is working.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Thanks again Gondola for all your help. emoticon.thumbsup.title

Anyway, back to the plot (as it was before all the spam filter nonsense).

I did have an alternate email address set up but it was an old Onetel account, so on 5th Jan I followed your advice in post 9 here.

Starting with the the Reset your Password option, I deleted the Onetel address and entered a new Gmail address in the 'Alternate email'  box. I clicked the 'Save & login to email'  button and the website went to my Webmail screen.

The question now is: how can I confirm that the alternate email address is the new Gmail one? (I can't find any mention of the Gmail address on any of my webmail settings pages).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi @Eizo24

Overlooking the interruption by the comment spam filter, you were asking about how to set up password recovery for your email address.  Just follow the advice I gave before.

Use the Reset your Password (Click here) option. Go through the Reset your Password option with a password reset link sent to the email account.  This gives you the opportunity to upgrade your password and you'll then be presented with the option to create password recovery options for the future.

Does any of that not work for you?  Make sure your browser isn't blocking pop-ups or any ad-blocker add-on preventing you seeing all the necessary windows.

When your talktalk webmail is upgraded to new TalkTalk Mail you'll also then be offered a final opportunity to set up password recovery options.  You'll also have the ability to keep those recovery options up to date via your new TalkTalk Mail account Menu option.

Message 8 of 15

Getting more of these now !!!!!

Subject: Your post - 'Re: Email forwarding request', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.
Date: 06-01-2019 12:39 PM

Your post - 'Re: Email forwarding request', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community

for the attention of the community team.

Best wishes,

Stephen (your Community Manager)

"Best wishes" - really?  emoticon.thumbsdown.titleemoticon.thumbsdown.titleemoticon.thumbsdown.title

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

And what the hll is this?

What is this 900pixels.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

HornedOne - I just wrote an answer and the whole thing has gone again.

This forum is a joke!

Message 11 of 15

Yes, the image was a 98KB .jpg extension (I used the insert/edit image button). The post went through ok and the image was there below the text.

Then a few seconds later the page refreshed itself and the post appeared in an html box (with all code showing).

So I closed & reopened the browser (IE11) and the whole post including text had gone.

I rewrote the whole thing and tried again (inc the image) and the same thing happened again.

I tried yet again without the image (thinking I'd add it in a separate post after sussing out what was going on) - the post went through and appeared on the page (no image). Then the page refreshed itself and the text-only post had gone!!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

@Eizo24 wrote:

I can't answer your post Gondola because every time I try and make a new post this website keeps identifying it as spam

Charming!!

I viewed the post in question @Eizo24, albeit rather briefly, before the system wisked it away!  I am suspicious that the system didn't care for the way you presented the graphic.  Are you following the rules, as outlined here ............

Accepted File Formats.pngAccepted File Formats.png

Did you try the post without the graphic?

~R.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 15

Can somebody sort this out please.

You've got mail!

Hey Eizo24,

One of our amazing members has sent you a private message in the TalkTalk Community. To read your message in full click the subject title below.

Subject: Your post - 'Re: Email forwarding request', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team. From: Anonymous Date: 05-01-2019 03:27 PM Your post - 'Re: Email forwarding request', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.

Now for the boring stuff...

You can manage your private message options via your community profile. You can access your settings by clicking here.

Best wishes, Stephen (your Community Manager)

0 Likes

Eizo24
Chat Champion
Message 15 of 15

I can't answer your post Gondola because every time I try and make a new post this website keeps identifying it as spam

Charming!!

0 Likes