email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing partner's email account

GaryNR32
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

Good morning,

My partner died last month and I've now taken over the Talk Talk account in my name, I was wondering if I could get access to her email account so that I can notify people of the sad news of her passing?

Any help/advice would be great.

Regards

Gary 

Gary
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Gary, please accept our condolences for your loss. 

Gondola is right. Unless you know the password for the account in which case you can add it to the new account in your name you won't gain access to the mailbox. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the speedy reply, I did think that data protection may have been involved and I am an executor of her estate...but this appears to make no difference.

I've already been onto the Bereavement Team today to transfer the Talk Talk account to me.

Best regards

G.

Gary
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Gary

Condolences for the loss of your partner.

The TalkTalk bereavement team will do all they can to help you. But data protection laws mean they are not permitted to hand over access to another user's email account. Not even the executor of an estate has that right because the right of privacy remains even after someone passes away. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution