email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Lost and Hacked

FredP
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Dear TalkTalk,

I had an @Tiscali.co.uk email address years ago. I hadn’t logged in for a while. I had several other accounts linked to it (Facebook, rightmove, bank accounts, etc). 

It appears that this account has now been hacked, along with my Facebook. Is there any way I can get access back to it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for your message.

I have replied with the requested details.

Kind regards

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 2 of 7

Hey Fred,

We can get your recovery details updated, ive sent you a private message if you could read and reply we'll get this sorted for you. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Thank you very much for another quick response, and for escalating as a security issue.

I’ve updated my Community Profile information and anxiously await a team member to contact me.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Fred

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't yours / have been changed. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox from the hacker and set up your Reset details so you can get the password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Although I've escalated as a security issue, be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel > Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I tried resetting the password recovery, and unfortunately it appears that the hacker has added their own email address as the alternative recovery account.

Unfortunately, I’m trying to regain access to this email address because I’m now learning that I’m currently becoming a victim of identify fraud with various accounts registered to this Tiscali email address being accessed and used by a hacker.

What options do I have?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @FredP 

To recover access will require you to know the existing password or to have set up password recovery with Reset details being an alternative email address and a mobile phone number to receive Forgotten your password? reset link or 6 digit code. 

If you know the existing password and it hasn't been reset then you can either carry out a password change via your TalkTalk customer MyAccount or via the Forgotten your password? reset option 1.

Have you set up password recovery Reset details?

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option.

There will be up to 3 options if normal password recovery options are there:

1. The mailbox itself for routine password changes when the current password is known
  2. A mobile number for a 6 digit password reset code sent by SMS text
  3. An alternative email address for a password reset link

If options 2 or 3 are available then you have the tools to set a new password to access your mailbox at the TalkTalk Mail sign in here.  But ensure you recognise the options from the hints. Don't use them if you don't recognise them.

If only option 1 is there but you don't have access to the mailbox or you don't recognise the alternatives then you'll need TalkTalk to set up password recovery Reset details.

Let us know what you see.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer