email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account hacked. cant create new login for MY ACCOUNT

sethnsf1
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

My tiscali mail got hacked and they got into MY ACCOUNT and i can not log in. 

After spending a lot of time trying to get this sorted through help online and phone calls it was escalated further. i have had the   "CEO" calling me every day saying the same thing. "please  register a new account and keep a note of any error mesages.". i have done this multipull times and still no answer to it. can anyone help it cant be that hard surely.

talktalk.PNG

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi sethnsf1, if you're being dealt with by the CEO team I shouldn't help as they take priority. I can unlink the your login for you, but I have to verify security information first. I've sent you a personal message.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

@sethnsf1 wrote:...I gave them the new address on the phone  and  tried to register with that like they asked.

You cannot register a new MyAccount when one already exists.  to register a new MyAccount, Customer service must first unlink the existing MyAccount from your service.  Or Customer service must add the new email address you gave them to the existing MyAccount as the new login username so you can send the email address a link to login. 

You say you didn't recognise the email address registered to your MyAccount when you had that sent as a text to your mobile? Might they have simply got your address wrong (i.e. misheard the address) or is it totally someone else's address?

Why don't you just wait for TalkTalk Support here to pick up? It might not be until next week but it'll save you (and me) a lot of back and forth over this issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 11

"Yes, you have attempted but with the wrong email address. So when you use the wrong email address the MyAccount login authentication will inevitably fail."

I gave them the new address on the phone  and  tried to register with that like they asked.

i still get that error which they dont understand.

am i doing something wrong?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

@sethnsf1 wrote: "Only when the login to MyAccount is attempted will the authentication be done."   i dont understand. i have to attempted many times.

Yes, you have attempted but with the wrong email address. So when you use the wrong email address the MyAccount login authentication will inevitably fail.

@sethnsf1 wrote:..."or hang on here for TalkTalk Mail Support to recover the tiscali address and set that as the MyAccount login." not a good idea as its compramised and i have asked them to shut it down. but its still going.

TalkTalk Mail Support will secure the tiscali email account to lock out hackers and a new ultrastrong password, so long as you keep that unique and safe, will give you a secure login at least in the short term.  When you get back into your MyAccount you can choose to delete the tiscali email address if you wish.

Message 5 of 11

"Only when the login to MyAccount is attempted will the authentication be done."   i dont understand. i have to attempted many times.

"or hang on here for TalkTalk Mail Support to recover the tiscali address and set that as the MyAccount login." not a good idea as its compramised and i have asked them to shut it down. but its still going.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

The email me a link will not authenticate the email address you key in and will send a login link regardless. 

Only when the login to MyAccount is attempted will the authentication be done. 

So, if you don't recognize the MyAccount login address that you see texted to you when using the forgotten email address journey then that needs to be unlinked from your MyAccount. 

You can either ask Customer Service to unlink and set up your non-TalkTalk email address or hang on here for TalkTalk Mail Support to recover the tiscali address and set that as the MyAccount login.

Message 7 of 11

Hi Gondola, sorry didnt mean to be rude.

so i go to this page 

i then get this page (i have removed email on picture)

i get this.PNG

 then when i click the link i get 

after clicking link.PNG

 then if i try to register i get 

talktalk.PNG

 also if i use the forgot email page i get an email that does not exist and is not reconised either.

aperently the primary email was removed from the system so im a bit stuck going round in circles.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

If you've been dealing with customer service then they may have set up your new, non-TalkTalk email address as the MyAccount login. In which case you should be able to go to the MyAccount login screen and enter the email address and then select the send me a link to login. The link will go to the email address they'd set up for you. 

If that doesn't work, TalkTalk Support here on Community can recover the tiscali email address and set that up as the login once more. 

Message 9 of 11

The primary email address is the hacked tiscali email address, but apperently its not there anymore. when trying the new email address i get that error.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi sethnsf1 

Is the primary email address the hacked tiscali email address?

Why don't we start with getting that recovered? I assume its password has been changed. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

I'll let TalkTalk Mail Support know and they'll verify you as the registered user and set up password recovery reset details. 

You'll then set a new email password which will also be the password to sign in to your TalkTalk customer MyAccount.

Before setting a new password do take time to scan and remove viruses, trojans and other malware that might be snatching your passwords.