Did you mean: 
Need help?

Add my onetel email to My Account to change the password

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Brianpercy
Conversation Starter

Hi there

I need to change my onetel email password. I can access webmail fie, but there is no provision to change the password. I accessed "My Account", and I could not find a way to add an email, nor could I find any provision to create a new one for that email. My email from Talktalk suggests I "setup recovery details", but when I click on that link I cannot find any provision to do it! Thanks, Don Bull (aka Brianpercy)

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Brianpercy 

If you can access TalkTalk Mail (webmail) then you can set up Reset details because that's on the main settings menu. You can then change the password using the forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password 

Enter your onetel email address, select Continue.

Enter your onetel email password, select Sign in.

Select the main settings menu - triple line icon top right header or cog icon for a mobile browser.  Then select the menu item Update your reset details to add an alternate active email address and mobile phone number to receive a password reset.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

When you've got a new password you can also go via MyAccount to add the onetel email address. Managing your email in My Account - select email not showing in MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

To add an existing mailbox you just need to enter the first part of the email address, select the correct onetel domain and enter the email password and select the Add button.

Let us know how you get on.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Brianpercy
Conversation Starter

Thank you so much. That worked a dream. Not exactly intuitive, but easy when you know how!

I wish it was that easy to change my password on a hotmail account that I took on years before I owned a mobile phone!

best wishes

Don Bull

Gondola
Community Star

Nice one.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know the password change was effective. Always good to have your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Don Bull, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.