email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my emails older than 3/3/2022 have disappeared from my Inbox

A192_168_0_1
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Any ideas why?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi A192_168_0_1, have you had any more developments on this? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

How are you getting on?

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

Hi A192_168_0_1 

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail and check the Inbox and the Trash folder and if you have other My Folders set up just check there as well to see if the messages are present but not where you expected.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

The most common reason for 'missing' mail messages earlier than a given date is because those messages have been downloaded and deleted by an email client connecting to the Inbox as a POP3 mail account with a default setting of delete messages older than 30 days. The timeframe is set by the user but the common defaults are to leave mail messages on the server for 14 days and 30 days.

So, if a new POP3 mail account was set up a few weeks ago and proceeded to download the entire mailbox leaving only the messages not older than 30 days then the missing mail messages will be in the Inbox of the mail account on the device that connected to your mailbox.

So, the question to ask is: Is that device and email account under your control? i.e. did you set up mail collection via a new device or mail account in early April?

If not then consider that your password might be compromised and therefore the best thing is to change the password. The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.  A password change will lock out any unauthorised collection of mail.

Let me know if you need additional help in troubleshooting or mail account setup.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

A192_168_0_1
First Timer
Message 4 of 5

Just to clarify they were there a couple of weeks ago.

0 Likes