email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative email - being forced to set up with different email provider?

Perplex2
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 2

Hi. I had text messages from Talktalk saying they could not get emails to me using my main talktalk email address, and they cannot get emails re billing to me. Got onto Talktalk chat and was told to set up an Alternative email address, and it had to be yahoo, gmail, hotmail.  I said no to these, asked if any different email provider would do, and they said OK, set it up as alternative, just not a talktalk email address.  This is so very weird. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Talktalk email address, it works fine for everyone, except apparently Talktalk.  What is this really about?  Does anyone know?  

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi Perplex2, there is no reason that this shouldn't work. We don't block our own domain. I've no idea why you'd been given this advice. I know OCE_Arne is also dealing with one of these instances, but this is definitely not approved practice. In the text were you given any links to click on?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes