email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Pipex email hack

Mar-lis
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 25

I have two pipex email accounts which have been compromised in line with recents posts on the subject.  I need, therefore, to change my passwords on both.  Can you help please?  I have completed the required information in my "private notes" and included an alternative email address.  Your urgent assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Many thanks OCE_Ady

Mar-lis

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 25

Hi Mar_lis, I've raised the fault ticket for you. The passwords should be reset in about 3 working days although it's often less than that. Please post back on Friday if you haven't heard by then. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

Hi Gondola

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay replying - not too familiar with the system.  No, the scam did not quote the password associated with the actual email address referred to but it did relate to the second address I gave you.  Other actions you have suggested have been taken. Anti-virus and anti-malware software has not indicated any problems and all indications are that we have been protected.

Thanks for alerting the team

Mar-lis

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Hi @Mar-lis

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Team for you re your request for password changes. After your personal details are verified a ticket will be raised for the pipex admins to change the passwords and get new secure passwords to you. It'll take just a few days.

I've seen the reports of these blackmail scam emails and these simply spoof the sending email address and invent the fake allegations.  Stay calm, don't worry and above all don't respond in any way.

But if your pipex email password has been cracked or obtained from another website hacking and your email account compromised as a result then of course it's vital to get it secured and a new ultra-strong passwords provided for you. 

Scan all your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software solutions just to make sure passwords aren't obtained by keyloggers.

Most passwords quoted in the scam emails are passwords obtained elsewhere.  Did the scam email quote the exact password?

If you've used the same password elsewhere then do update those passwords with ultra-strong multi-case letters, numbers and allowed symbols of at least 10 characters (is my minimum recommendation).  Advice from CyberAware about passwords. Advice from GetSafeOnline about passwords.

If you discover any fraud then the place to report that is ActionFraudUK.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes