email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one for the growing list

FloJo65
Chat Champion
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

I've also started experiencing mail server connection problems over the last 2-3 days on my iPhone and home pc (Thunderbird). Both working fine up until then. Been through the whole uninstall/reinstall thing (several times), making sure all settings are correct for the latest. Webmail is ok and also still seem able to send, but will not recognise the incoming server settings on my devices, with all sorts of messages popping up (doesnt recognise the server, doesnt recognise my password, and now today problems with certificate). Even got messages yesterday advising my mail settings were for an O2 server/setup (I'm not with O2). Wont be accessing for next couple of weeks so hopefully TT have it sorted for my return (pleased I dont rely on it as primary mail service!).

FloJo65

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

@FloJo65

Perhaps the non-Einstein idea about the madness/insanity of doing the same thing but expecting a different result. Einstein didn't *like* the implications of some parts of theoretical physics but he did at least know them.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/

However, at the non-quantum level, it's important that TalkTalk starts taking a different approach to its customer service and taking technical peer-to-peer communication seriously. To get things sorted in a timely manner, there has to be a way for the minority of competent customers to get through to the minority of competent staff.

... computer programmer since the 70s.

Message 2 of 25

@FloJo65 wrote:

Anyone familiar with Einstein’s theory of madness?

Not personally, but this guy looks like he might be ......

images.jpg

..... hang in there FloJo65!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

You should see all your mail as normal now. Our engineers have indeed resolved the problem. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

"Am I being premature claiming all now seems fixed? "

Our engineers have been working on the email client issue so hopefully your not being premature 🙂

Chris

Good stuff, cheers.

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

"Am I being premature claiming all now seems fixed? "

Our engineers have been working on the email client issue so hopefully your not being premature 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi FloJo65,

OK, thanks for trying that, we'll have to look into this further and get back to you

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Currently 5hrs behind UK time and just recently checked TT mail. Still got mail server error messages then within half hour, with no changes from me, full service seems to have resumed. Now got all mail folders back and can send/receive (although could always send during problems anyway).

Am I being premature claiming all now seems fixed? 

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi FloJo65,

OK, thanks for trying that, we'll have to look into this further and get back to you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi FloJo65, have you removed the mailbox from the mail client and added it back? This should get rid of the O2 message. 

Ady,

Tried this many times over last few days and just now (although on iPhone since not able to access home pc), and still no joy. Still get same problems as originally posted. Can only presume problem is with TT systems as all was ok and phone last iOS update was some weeks ago.

Anyone familiar with Einstein’s theory of madness?

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Superhez, have you removed the mailbox from the mail client and added it back? This should get rid of the O2 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi FloJo65, have you removed the mailbox from the mail client and added it back? This should get rid of the O2 message. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Just to say I am also getting the O2 message on my ipad, and not with O2

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi FloJo65,

I've run a repair on your mail box, can you check to see if this has resolved the issue.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for picking up. Just tried setting up on iPhone and no change. Still get incoming mail sever error message and the strange O2 account warning?? Not fixed.

It was all working fine until last week when first posted. 

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi FloJo65,

I've run a repair on your mail box, can you check to see if this has resolved the issue.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @FloJo65

Before you go, just update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) scroll down and add the email account addresses, that are having receive problems, to the Private Notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to these email accounts and if an automatic mailbox repair hasn't already been done then will do that and check they're working.

OK, cheers. Done.

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi FloJo65

That's great, so if it's just the incoming email issue then that'll either get sorted automatically or will be sorted by the OCE on manual intervention.

Just sit back and await the OCE picking up this thread and letting you know what's been discovered.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 16 of 25

@Gondola wrote:

I'm assuming then that it's the automatic setup process that's gone wrong.

On your version of iPad OS is there an option of manual setup?

If not, use the trick of putting in a wrong password for the account.

When that fails the server check the manual setup will be presented.

That's by far the more reliable process for setting up an email account.

Meant to say, I dont quite get the option to manually enter settings but after continuing and ignoring all the warnings, I do get the option to edit the settings and after checking they are correct in line with following;

Login / Usernameusername@talktalk.netusername@talktalk.net
Incoming mail servermail.talktalk.netmail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port993995
Incoming SSLYesYes
Outgoing mail serversmtp.talktalk.netsmtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port587587
Outgoing STARTTLSYesYes
Outgoing AuthenticationYesYes
0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi @FloJo65

Before you go, just update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) scroll down and add the email account addresses, that are having receive problems, to the Private Notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to these email accounts and if an automatic mailbox repair hasn't already been done then will do that and check they're working.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Apologies @TheHornedOne and @Gondola, I'm struggling to keep up real time with this due to other personnal circumstances. Still having exactly the same problems when trying to set up and connect to my TT mail account. Also get the exact same O2 message on my iPhone when initially setting up the account, as posted earlier in the thread, when trying to set up on that. If I ignore and continue through this then I get the incorrect password message, mail server error messages, certificate warning messages (for the Tiscali mail server?) so just delete the account as I get nagged with warning pop ups on my phone. Total pigs ear.

Been a TT customer for about 10yrs but only just bothered setting up the mail account in the last few weeks. This just reminds why I never bothered in the past. Still second rate and flaky at best (people complained about it in the various incarnations of this forum for years). Just wish Tesco hadn't shut down their system in June. Thank god for Gmail.

FloJo65

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

I'm assuming then that it's the automatic setup process that's gone wrong.

On your version of iPad OS is there an option of manual setup?

If not, use the trick of putting in a wrong password for the account.

When that fails the server check the manual setup will be presented.

That's by far the more reliable process for setting up an email account.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Beats me @Gondola; I was just wending my happy way along, while [Apple iPad] Mail installed a new [TalkTalk] account for me, and, up it popped ............... I aborted the process!

PS ~The list has grown a tad, has it not!

0 Likes