email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another victim of hacked toucansurf email account

NB1077
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

I have had exactly the same email to my toucansurf email address. I deleted and reset my password but am now locked out of my account. It wont accept my old password or the new one. I reported this to TalkTalk last week and i dont seem to be getting much help other than we are looking into it. Im getting increasingly worried that they knew an old password of mine and also send it from my own account. Can you access my email server too and reset password  ? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Great News, thanks for the update 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. Feedback is always good.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 13

Had a phonecall last night and password has been reset. Thank you very much for all your help guys. 

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for letting me know. I've sent a chaser to get this sorted for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 13

Hi nealc, Gondola is right. If they've given you the correct address we have to reset it to protect you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13
Okay thankyou very much.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi NB1077, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Toucansurf is one of those that need to be reset by the Email Admins and this means it can take 3-5 working days. If you haven't heard anything by Friday post back and chase for an update. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13
Thank you
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

...depends on workload but later today or tomorrow is my estimate.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thank you very much ive completed the private notes section. How long will it take for me to hear ? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @NB1077

The current spate of scam emails spoof the sending email address and invent the fake allegations and may show an old password or one you've used elsewhere.  Stay calm, don't worry and above all don't respond in any way.

But if your toucansurf email password had been cracked or obtained from another website hacking and your email account compromised as a result then of course it's vital to get it secured and a new ultra-strong password provided for you.

You'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email with 5 items of personal data that only you would know. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page (To which only you and authorised TalkTalk Community Team UK staff have access):

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the toucansurf email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the toucansurf email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with authorising the password change.

Scan all your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software solutions just to make sure passwords aren't obtained by keyloggers.

If you've used the same password elsewhere then do update those passwords with ultra-strong multi-case letters, numbers and allowed symbols of at least 10 characters (is my minimum recommendation).  Advice from CyberAware about passwords. Advice from GetSafeOnline about passwords.

If you discover any fraud then the place to report that is ActionFraudUK.

0 Likes