email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist Emails

benarty
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 3

How do I blacklist or block email in talktalk. I have already added some to the Spam folder such as Sainsbury etc but they still come through. I have checked that they are not using a different email address.  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi benarty, Gondola won't lead you astray.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi benarty 

It's not appropriate to mark mail as spam if it's sent from genuine senders. If you're subscribed to a genuine Sainsbury's mail list then just unsubscribe in the normal way. There is an unsubscribe link on all mail except service mail messages. 

If the mail is not genuine then Sainsbury's invite you to contact them or if it's a Sainsbury's Bank spoof mail then forward to onlineinvestigations@sainsburysbank.co.uk and report@phishing.gov.uk to which you should also forward the obvious scam emails offering fake supermarket giveaways / gift cards / prize draws etc.

If the supermarket emails are fake then trying to block them requires care and can be an ongoing task. But you can select the Mark as spam from the toolbar and this will add to the fingerprinting of typical spam.

In the TalkTalk Mail More actions menu there's a View Source menu item that will bring up a window showing the email header.  Scroll down to find the line that starts Received: from and you'll see a sending address and an IP address in round and square brackets followed by 'by mx.tiscali.co.uk or mx.talktalk.net with SMTP'. It's the sending address and IP address as seen by the TalkTalk mx server that would be useful.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution