email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked senders filter

Stinkymutt15
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Please could you tell me what the following symbols mean on the Blocked senders filter?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Great support from Gondola as always. I've marked the post as best answer for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

You're very welcome.

The Filter rules are very useful but not always easy to get the logic working correctly so if you'd like specific help just say.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the speedy reply! That’s answered my question. 

Thanks!

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Stinkymutt15 

The no entry symbol toggles with the down arrow and means do not process subsequent filter rules. In this case you have only the Blocked Senders Filter and no other rules to process anyway. If the down arrow is showing that means process subsequent filter rules.

I have a tip about the Blocked Senders Filter. This filter rule is usually inherited from the former TalkTalk webmail platform. The rule was created and added to whenever the user marked an email as spam.  It's usually well out of date so may not be very useful.  Depends entirely on whether you're using it to try and control spam or to block certain sender addresses.  

The Blocked Senders Filter is no longer automatically updated by marking mail as spam as that process now notifies the TalkTalk intelligence gathering that drives the Cloudmark network filtering.

Have a review of the filter to see what it's blocking. Select the Edit function.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution