email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access my lineone.net email via webmail

Stevepk
Participant
Message 35 of 35

Until Wednesday 21st July I could access my lineone.net email account on my iPhone, iPad and kindle. On my iPhone I get the message “cannot get mail. No password provided for lineone.”

on my iPad I get the message “cannot get mail. The mail server mail.talktalk.net is not responding. 
on my kindle the message is password is incorrect. Your lineone account does not recognise your incoming and/ or out going password.

the password works on webmail, and I can still send out emails from my devices.

Steve k Keep on running ?‍♂️
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

I'm told we've fixed this now and your mail should work in a mail client again now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 35

Thanks, Steve.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Stevepk
Participant
Message 3 of 35

Hi it now seems to be working, thanks for your help

Message 4 of 35

I will post back yes, but your mail will start working again once the limited status is changed. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Stevepk
Participant
Message 5 of 35

Hi

thanks for the update. Could you let me known once it’s resolved 

thanks in advance 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Stevepk, it looks like there has been a limit placed on some TalkTalk customers restricting access to webmail only. This has been done in error and the team are currently investigating the cause and will get a fix in place as soon as possible. 

Ady

Stevepk
Participant
Message 7 of 35

Any update on why I can’t get my email on my iPhone iPad or kindle as I could prior to last Wednesday 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi Stevepk, I take it that the email you're having trouble with is the one in your profile. If it is, then it obviously should be working fully. I've asked the email team to check it for us. 

Ady

Stevepk
Participant
Message 9 of 35

Hi 

can anyone help me on this. I still can’t connect any of my devices to my lineone.net email account. I have changed my password to 10 characters upper and lower case numbers and special characters. I have checked all settings still unable to connect.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

You've done all you can.

I've let TalkTalk know and they'll pick up this thread next week.

Stevepk
Participant
Message 11 of 35

I have changed my password to 10 characters. I can get in via webmail, however when changing my settings on my iPad, they won’t verify. It says server mail.talktalk.net can’t verify the user Id or password.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

I cannot tell whether TalkTalk have changed the password in error or because there's a suspicion of a weak or compromised password.  The only way to tell is to upgrade the password bearing in mind that strength is in the length as well as containing the required multicase letters plus numbers and a symbol.

So, I'll leave it to you to decide what to do bearing in mind what the pwnage reveals. For example if that revealed for that data breach you were using the same or similar password.

Stevepk
Participant
Message 13 of 35

Oh no — pwned!

Pwned in 1 data breach and found no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)

does this mean my account will have been blocked and I need to change my password?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Well, the credentials are just the email address and password. So, the password has obviously been changed for the connection of email apps.  Now that would be the case if the email address has been restricted to webmail only access because it's not linked to an active customer MyAccount or if a password change is being forced because there's a suspicion that the password is weak or known to be compromised.

You indicate the password is compliant with current requirements.  What I'd do is make a quick check at haveibeenpwned.com which is going to give an indication of data breaches involving the email address.

Stevepk
Participant
Message 15 of 35

I delete the old account. Tried to add again, that failed so I tried manually, putting in the details you said, that failed, it said incorrect credentials 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

To remove an added email account:

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines, top right header bar
    (Mobile browser? Main Settings menu is via the cog icon)
  • Select the Settings menu item
  • Select Accounts in the left side bar
  • Select the Delete (dustbin icon) to the right of the account to be removed
    The icon background will turn red and a window will pop up
    Confirm the deletion

Stevepk
Participant
Message 17 of 35

I couldn’t find where to change the settings of the account I added, so tried to add it again. It just says auto configuration failed, I didn’t proceed. How can I change the settings of the account that I have added. Properties just has one option system folder.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

I take it that the auto-configuration failed and you got a window asking if you wanted to ignore warnings about not having a secure connection and when you continued you got the manual setup for an insecure connection using Connection security: none and Server port 143.

OK, I wasn't expecting that to fail. So for the manual setup that's:

• Email address: your full lineone email address

INCOMING SERVER

• Server name: mail.talktalk.net
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Server port: 993
  • Username: your full lineone email address
  • Password: the lineone email password

OUTGOING SERVER

• Server name: smtp.talktalk.net
  • Connection security: STARTTLS
  • Server port: 587
  • Authentication: use separate username and password
  • Username: your full lineone email address
  • Password: the lineone email password

Does that still fail and if so with what message?

Message 19 of 35

Sorry user error. I’m can now get into my lineone.net account. Is there a way to delete this from the talktalk.net account. It tells me to change the settings but I can’t find how to get to them

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi

i now can’t log into my lineone.net email account. It says the password is incorrect. On the talktalk.net account I tried to add it to, it says it’s been disabled. 
HELP

0 Likes