email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access my lineone.net email via webmail

Stevepk
Participant
Message 35 of 35

Until Wednesday 21st July I could access my lineone.net email account on my iPhone, iPad and kindle. On my iPhone I get the message “cannot get mail. No password provided for lineone.”

on my iPad I get the message “cannot get mail. The mail server mail.talktalk.net is not responding. 
on my kindle the message is password is incorrect. Your lineone account does not recognise your incoming and/ or out going password.

the password works on webmail, and I can still send out emails from my devices.

Steve k Keep on running ?‍♂️
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Stevepk
Participant
Message 21 of 35

Adding the new account failed. It said the credentials were incorrect. I did notice it wanted to use port 147 (I think ) not 993 as you say on your post. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

Yes, we'll get you using the email apps on iPhone etc but just to keep you going via a browser on either desktop or mobile devices I want to make it easy for you to see all your mail messages in one sign in and I would like to know that the TalkTalk Mail system is working correctly to add your lineone email account. So, it's a test but one that you can keep using.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Stevepk
Participant
Message 23 of 35

Hi

i can add an account to webmail but I want to use the email on my iPhone iPad and kindle and not have to use webmail. As that is the reason I have talktalk broadband to be able to still access my lineone account. Is that not going to be possible?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

OK that's perfect. So let's try something to make your webmail easier to work with.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your talktalk.net email address and password, select Sign in.

In the left pane below the folders you'll see a link Add email account.

• Select Add email account
    A window will appear
  • Enter your lineone email address and password
  • Select Add

Unified email.png

Does your lineone email account get added ok?

If that's good, now, when using webmail you'll just sign in to the talktalk.net mailbox and you'll see both accounts via the one sign in.

You can also send mail from either account when composing mail messages. Doesn't stop you signing in to each account individually. 

Stevepk
Participant
Message 25 of 35

Hi 

yes that’s what I see with my two email accounts on the. My Mailboxes.

i had to sign out of my webmail account on lineone, before I could go onto the talktalk webmail account.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

@Stevepk wrote:...The talktalk and the lineone account are both there. It was getting confused before as I was still in the lineone account, once I logged out of that I could access the details of the talktalk account.

You're worrying me that we're not on the same page. It's TalkTalk Mail webmail where you need to sign out of one mailbox to be able to sign in to the other.

I'm asking about your customer MyAccount. You should see something like this on selecting the Manage TalkTalk Mail menu item.

Manage TalkTalk Mail Feb2021.png

Stevepk
Participant
Message 27 of 35

Thanks found it now. The talktalk and the lineone account are both there. It was getting confused before as I was still in the lineone account, once I logged out of that I could access the details of the talktalk account.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

From the toolbar select My Services and then Manage TalkTalk Mail.

Message 29 of 35

Hi this gets a bit confusing. I have logged on to the talktalk account, I thought on there I had add the lineone account. All I can see in my account is how much I’m being charged for broadband, landline and tv. Where should I be able to check that the lineone account is still connected to the talktalk account.

the password is 8 characters long.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the lineone email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Just confirm please that the lineone email address is listed in the current active MyAccount. Just need to know it's there because not being linked to an active MyAccount will result in restricted access and webmail only. 

Password character mix is good. Is the password 8 or more characters in length?

Message 31 of 35

It’s very annoying. Trying to reply to emails via web mail isn’t good. It is strange as I can still send emails via any of my devices. It’s as if the password has been disabled. I wonder if someone was trying to hack the account and kept getting the password wrong so talktalk have blocked the account, but that wouldn’t explain why I can get into webmail. I’m at a loss !

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

You are not alone see my posting a few minutes ago.

0 Likes

Stevepk
Participant
Message 33 of 35

My lineone account is linked to a talktalk account via MyAccount. My password has upper case and lower case letters, numbers and special characters. Are you saying I should change my password? I would rather not do as I’m worried I wouldn’t be able to get my email via webmail.

has something changed that has stopped me being able to access my email via any devices?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 34 of 35

Hi Stevepk 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer and is the lineone email address shown in the My Mailboxes list in the customer MyAccount?

Is the password strong enough? Unique to the email address?