email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only see 3 weeks worth of emails

Matt5000
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I'm trying to see an email from the 18th or 19th September but my inbox on my Windows Mail  and my GMail android phone app and also when I login to Webmail only seems to go back to the 28th September.

How can I access older emails?

I've tried using the Search option on Webmail and setting a date range and this shows me that I have loads of old emails in the Deleted Items folder (1979 in total) but only 66 items in the Inbox folder.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Matt5000, the latest update on the ticket is that we believe it's a network issue. Hopefully you'll have your mail showing again shortly. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Ok, cheers Ady.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I had a change of mind and I've raised a fault ticket for this to go over to the Email Admins for investigation. I'll post back when I get any news for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I thought so thanks for confirming it. Our tool shows over 2100 mails in your mailbox but I'm seeing the same 3 pages as you. I'll ask for a recount and post back to let you know the next step. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ady, yes it is the same one.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Matt, is this the mail address that you used to register on the community or a different one? If it's a different one then please add it to the private notes section of your community profile. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Chris,

I'm sure I've been able to see emails older than 3 weeks before on Windows Mail.

It also seems weird that Web Mail had loads of old deleted mails that I could access but not actual ones I'd not deleted in the inbox.

Is it a talktalk policy that old emails are now no longer available?

Should I use a better email client than Windows Mail - one that will perhaps download and store emails locally?

On a previous laptop I used Thunderbird (I think) and that always seemed to have a complete history.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Matt,

Have the older email previously been visible on all devices?

Chris

0 Likes