email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can receive emails but cannot reply or send on microsoft office outlook 2007

sylviaw
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

For some weeks, I have not been able to send emails and reply to ones. I can receive emails ok. This has happened before but then, it suddenly worked. I hadn't changed anything.

I did notice the first time it was happening that just before it stopped working, I had been getting a popup message, saying, that there was something wrong with the SSL cert. but did I want to use it anyway. I just said yes, and it worked.

When it stopped working, I didn't get that message and I'm not getting it now.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

Sylvie 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi sylviaw, you're in safe hands with Gondola. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi @sylviaw 

Not enough information so far to say why. But since Outlook 2007 reached the end of its extended support period on 10 October 2017 and no security updates from Microsoft since then means it's a security risk to you, to your use of email and therefore to all of us using the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

Maybe your sending has been stopped for security reasons? Do you get an error message?

Anyway, please retire the product.

Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 is a supported product and you'll get help and guidance with that. Also support for new downloads of Thunderbird from Mozilla that is a free email product that's similar to Outlook.  There are other email softwares that are able to use secure mail connections and that do receive security updates and patches to keep you and your email contacts safe and secure.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Hello, I'm not sure I understand. I know I can send if I am at the talktalk website. I can also send on my phone. I need to send from my microsoft office. I have always been able to in the past and I can still receive emails. could you explain please. Why is it not working now

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @sylviaw 

Outlook 2007 is not a supported product.

Enter your email address, select Continue if prompted.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Do you see you mailbox?  Can you compose and send mail? Try a test mail to test-mail@talktalk.net and you should get an auto-response

Auto: test

to prove your mailbox is working on both send and receive.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution