Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't access MyAccount or talktalk email address

12 REPLIES 12
Hillster
Chatterbox

Since the TalkTalk email upgrade I have only been able to access my emails via the TalkTalk website which was OK until last Thursday when I found that I could not access either My Account or emails.

My Account is set up using a .com email address and, as mentioned has worked fine.  Each time I entered the registered email/ password I received a notice saying " incorrect password/ email." I changed the password but the same message  was the response.

I spent two hours  on the phone to a tech services team member who was very patient but unable to resolve the issue. She said the only route forward was to " escalate" the issue to a senior level.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this frustrating situation?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Hillster 

What's the full domain for the MyAccount login - the domain is the part of the email address after the @ symbol.  You say it's a .com address but what's the bit after the @ symbol and the .com?  For example is it onetel.com toucansurf.com or pipex.com maybe?

And is this .com address the TalkTalk Mail mailbox that's now not working?

Is the .com address added as a mailbox to your MyAccount and in the list of My Mailboxes?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Hillster
Chatterbox

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

The email I used to create my account  is a gmail.com email address and from the start this has not been a problem.I know that TalkTalk do not support third party email providers but that surely is not the point since this email was accepted when I set up the account when  I switched to TalkTalk last autumn.The problem seems to be that the My Account will not accept the original password and nor will it accept the one which I created in an attempt to access My Account.

Thanks again for your interest in this matter

Hillster

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Hillster 

Best to deal with this one thing at a time so we'll start with the MyAccount login.

The MyAccount login being an external Gmail.com address is not a problem. Just ask for a sign in using a link sent to the Gmail address.

Sign in to MyAccount, enter the Gmail address and then select the Email me a link to login.

MyAccount Login - email me a link - Jul2020

Do you get logged in to your MyAccount?

Hillster
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks. You are a star. I followed your suggested route to access my account and that worked fine. So, I have been able to gain entry via the  send me a link route. The next problem is accessing my emails via TalkTalk app on webmail. Can you help with that problem please? Thanks  again.

Hillster

Gondola
Community Star

Use the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password enter the TalkTalk email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select Continue.

If there's an error message let us know what that indicates.

If not you should see options to send a password reset link to an alternative email address or a 6 digit reset code to a mobile phone. If there's only the email account itself listed then you haven't set up password recovery for the email address.

But hopefully you'll recognise the alternative email address and or mobile number from the hints given. Preferably, make sure the mobile is switched on and connected to a mobile network and then send a reset code to the mobile.  Then follow the instructions to effect a password change for the email mailbox.

Hillster
Chatterbox

Hello Gondola,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I followed  your guidance but when I entered the email address I received the following message:

"The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again."

The email address I used is the one that I have used from the start to set up My Account and also to access emails via webmail. I am stumped!

Thanks for your help.

Hillster

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Hillster 

The message indicates the email address you entered does not exist on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Send the address a message from another email address and see if that receives a bounceback error of 'Undeliverable' or similar.

Also enter the email address at this website, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button and see if the top line response is 'Deliverable' or something else.

Is the email address listed in your MyAccount? Select My Services, then select Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down selector.

Hillster
Chatterbox

This is interesting.

I went to the website you suggested to establish the validity of the email address. The answer was that yes , it is deliverable "  and is a valid email with no high risk factors and safe to send mail."

I also sent an email from another address that I have to the gmail address and it arrived in nanoseconds so we know that is fine and works. At your suggestion  and went to My Account, Selected  My Services and then  Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop down menu. To my surprise there was no trace of the gmail address just an empty box and an encouragement to create a mailbox. Can I use my gmail address to create this mailbox or should I use my old and trusted onetel.net email address to create this  account? Thanks for your help. Hillster

Hillster
Chatterbox

Hello again Gondola,

One other point which I cannot recall if I have mentioned it previously.

I have been able - until last Thursday - to access  all emails sent to me at my onentel.net email address ( which I have had for close on 20 years) by going to apps.talktalk.co.uk and, using the.com address, access all the onetel.net emails which was fine.I have a large number of contacts who use that address and I really do not want to have to change it at this stage of the game. What do you advise please.Thanks for all your help.Hillster

Gondola
Community Star

I know the Gmail address is working because you sent it a link to get signed in to your MyAccount.

A Gmail address isn't on the TalkTalk Mail platform. So if that was the address you entered to get a password change you got the correct response - it doesn't have a TalkTalk domain.

Now, we wish to find out about the onetel email address that you said you couldn't access.

So, start over from post 6 in this thread. Enter the onetel email address.  Let us know where that leads you.

You'll need to be able to access the onetel mailbox with the correct password to be able to add it as a mailbox to your MyAccount, My Mailboxes.

You cannot add a Gmail address as a TalkTalk mailbox in My Account although you can use it as the login and to receive TalkTalk billing notifications.

Hillster
Chatterbox

Hi there Gondola,

Delighted to say that the problem is now resolved.I am back in business with access to My Account ( re-registered with new password) and also now able to access my onettel.net emails. I much appreciated your  ready help and assistance so please accept my sincere thanks.

Best regards

Hillster

Gondola
Community Star

Nice work.

Great to know that the onetel email address has password recovery set up. Hopefully you'll have successfully added the onetel email address / mailbox to your MyAccount, My Mailboxes.

We do appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback.