email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my lPipex Email Account

dan_A
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My dsl.pipex.com email account stopped sending and receiving emails from the 12th May. Since then I've spent hours on the phone to support and got nowhere. Both my Apple email client, and the TalkTalk Webmail page say my login has failed. Yesterday i successfully reset my passowrds for both my TalkTalk account and the email account, and I still get the same error.

Can somebody a) fix ithis.  And b) send me the incoming and outcoming email server details for configuring my mail client to use this mailbox.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Dan, I can help you get the password reset. I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Dan

If you've put the email address in Private Notes that'll save time when OCE_Ady picks this topic up, hopefully tomorrow. It'll need to be raised with the email admins. 

The password may have been changed for security.  But when you change it in your MyAccount there is sometimes a delay in getting the pipex systems to recognise that change.

Ady will respond to you right here. He'll let you know if any more info is needed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks very much Gondola, that was the information I was after. However, it now seems the problem now is fundamentally with my account. Every time I try to connect, I get an 'Unable to verify account name or password' error. I reset the password yesterday, but it still does not recognise the account.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @dan_A

The dsl.pipex email settings you need are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) POP3
Login / Username user@dsl.pipex.com
user@dsl.pipex.com
Password Yes Yes
Incoming mail server imap.dsl.pipex.com pop.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port 993 995
Incoming Security SSL SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.dsl.pipex.com smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Outgoing Port 587 587
Outgoing Security STARTTLS STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication Yes Yes

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the dsl.pipex email address to your Private Notes box at the bottom of the page and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and your dsl.pipex email account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes