email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a talktalk email account in outlook

Ivor55
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I've installed Office 365 on my pc and am having trouble adding a talktalk email account to Outlook. Other accounts have added using the automatic setup but one won't. I've tried to add it manually too using the server details on talktalk help pages - but it still fails. Any help much appreciated.

Ivor

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Ivor55, thanks for taking the time to post back and let us know that Gondola got this sorted for you. It's always great to hear that the community has had a good result. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Great support from Gondola here as always. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 6

Great work Ivor55 

Nice one and we appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ivor55
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks. I tried the manual settings as above and it finally added! Can't think why this address failed to add automatically when two other talktalk and two homecall addresses added ok, but i'll not worry about that! Yes I am a talktalk customer and all 5 addresses are in My Account (i even reset the passwords to make sure that wasn't a problem)

Regards,

Ivor

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ivor55 

Adding an account works best if it's added via a profile i.e. if using Windows, then Windows Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts etc.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer and is the email address shown in your customer MyAccount, Manage TalkTalk Mail, My Mailboxes list?

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password (NOT SPA)

If you need additional help then screenshot the server settings screens, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here along with any error messages.

NB If the password is deemed weak the mail servers will deny authentication until the password is strengthened.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If you have set up password recovery options via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in, and you recognise those from the hints as your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution