email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to tiscali emails

johnFawcliff
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Until yesterday I had been using my old email address @Tiscali.co.uk associated with a valid talktalk.net perfectly satisfactorily.

Yesterday I received a message saying that the account has been limited & I can no longer access the tiscali address unless I join TalkTalk Mail Plus or link it to an active Broadband account. It then stopped working.

The address had already been linked for years and My Mailboxes screen still shows the tiscali account as correctly linked.

When I access my Mail @talktalk.net it gives the message:-

Error

Your e-mail account ???.???@tiscali.co.uk was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again

(My name obviously replaced by ???)

After 3 sessions of ‘chat’ with technical support stretching over 4 hours they have confirmed that the tiscali mailbox is still there and operating but they have been unable to resolve why I can’t access it. Their final suggestion was that I paid the extra £50 pa to join Mailbox Plus!

Clearly it has been ‘disabled’ at their end. Can anyone suggest how I can get this resolved please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi johnFawcliff, I need you to add your landline or account number and the affected email address to your community profile so that I can investigate this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi John

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the problem tiscali email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Having worked through some scenarios today with other customers I'm convinced that TalkTalk have restricted some legacy mail accounts and I've alerted TalkTalk Support because I now believe this requires a TalkTalk fault ticket. You should get a response here next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution