email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive reset new password email

Teejay01
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

A couple of months back I couldn’t receive the email from online gym to reset my password, they looked into it, nothing wrong their end eventually did it for me. Today same thing has happened with Battersea Dogs Home! Haven’t received the reset password email. (Fortunately I’ve remembered it 😊) Is there some special extra strength filter being used? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Teejay01,

I can see that Gondola has given you some excellent advice, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Teejay01 

TalkTalk inbound mail is inspected by CloudMark and mail that could be fingerprinted as spam or scam can get deferred for scanning. An email mentioning password and including an external link if not sent from a server using DKIM signed mail is quite likely to get deferred. 

Worth checking that your online mailbox does not have any filter rule defined and that mail didn't land in the Spam or Trash folder.

First, prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support (next week) by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution