email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email from webmail

Jenny_P
Team Player
Message 1 of 19

When sending emails I'm getting a message saying the email has been sent but the message is not appearing in the sent items. At the moment I do not know if they have been received by the recipiant or not as those I have sent have been important ones to large organisations.

I tried a test one to myself and it showed in my sent box and I received it - that was composed whereas the others have been replies to existing emails received.

I have a tiscali email address if that makes any difference.

Some of them took ages to compose and now I don't even have a record of what was written if I have to resend them. When this is sorted will the sent items appear in my sent folder and will I be informed whether they would have been received or not?

I have some really important emails to send but currently I have no way of knowing whether they will be received or not.

When will this be sorted please?

18 REPLIES 18

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 19

Service Status will be updated with the latest information.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Jenny_P
Team Player
Message 3 of 19

Has a ticket even been raised for my problem? 

I know it has been Easter weekend but still not being able to send an email 6 days after notifying you of the problem is pretty poor service and not to even have someone acknowledge that they are addressing it is really quite shocking.

When is this going to be resolved please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Jenny

Service Status was updated this morning but it seems the issue is still impacting some customers. This topic has already been escalated into the OCE's workflow and will be picked up tomorrow or soon after.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address in Private Notes box at the bottom of the page and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk email account to check it out for you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

This is the second time you have replied but aren't you just a customer the same as me?
I would like someone from Talk Talk to reply, someone  who could actually do something to put this mess right rather than just be told what I can read on the service dashboard.
Six days without being able to send an email is not a joke, and having no cover over a 4 day bank holiday weekend is disgraceful!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi @Jenny_P

The Networks team reported that the email issues had been fixed earlier today. Is your email working as expected?  Let us know if you require further help from Community.

Jenny_P
Team Player
Message 7 of 19

It does appear that my emails are being sent, at least they are showing in the sent folder although I have not yet heard back from anyone, which would be ultimate confirmation.

However, emails coming in that I have read and left as read or marked as important are being automatically changed to unread and the 'important' flag removed.

Whilst this has happened before, lasting for a couple of days or so, is extremely annoying. Perhaps that could be attended to.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

@Jenny_P wrote:

I have not yet heard back from anyone...
However, emails coming in that I have read and left as read or marked as important are being automatically changed to unread and the 'important' flag removed.  Perhaps that could be attended to.

I have escalated your request to hear back from anyone from the TalkTalk support team and to attend to your request.

Message 9 of 19

Hi Jenny_P, I've run repairs on your mailbox and that should have cleared the problem. Let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

It's just happened again, so it's not fixed.

The Inbox suddenly shows a whole load of gaps as 1kb size and then page 1 are all shown as read and unmarked.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

I've been watching the mailbox and it seems to be behaving itself. Have you tried moving mail out of the inbox and sent items to clear the amount of data being pulled from the servers? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Well I hadn't logged into my emails until 5 minutes ago, 2 pages of emails were unread and unmarked, the second page had been marked yesterday. I just went through and marked those which were important and whilst reading a couple they have all been marked as read and unmarked.

So I'm not sure how you can say it is working ok?

What do you mean move them?

Where can I find how many MB of storage I have used, I asked this previously when it was removed from the log in page, it should be visible to users not have to keep on asking.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

The same thing has been happening constantly for the lat 3 hours!!

This is beyond acceptable.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

You have a 10gb limit and you currently have used 5gb with 39,000 mails in the mailbox. I'm still not seeing the 1kb mails. Are you seeing those in webmail?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Yes this is webmail. from the Talk Talk homepage. This has been going on all weekend while you have been off work and is still happening now!

While I am typing this there are spaces where I have just deleted emails, all the read emails are back to unread and the important markers have disappeared. As soon as I click on an email the spaces disappear.

There is a problem and nothing is being done about it, why?

Why are all the read emails becoming unread and the important markers disappearing.

And why has my ablility to see how much inbox capacity I have been removed?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

I've raised a fault ticket for you. For low priority email tickets like this there's no real SLA , but you'll get updates by text message. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Since you haven't appeared to understand the problem I'm facing what 'fault' have you reported on the ticket?

Not being able to send any emails was a low enough priority not to have anyone sort it out over a Bank Holiday weekend, so it went on for 6 days.

This current issue has been going on for 2 weeks now so what compensation will I be receiving for each day of disruption?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 19

I'm being asked if this happens in all browsers? I'm also being asked do you have any devices open using Outlook when this is happening in webmail?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 19

I am not doing or using anything different to what I have been doing all year

0 Likes