email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email via myMail app

Rodney Copeman
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

Have used myMail app for long time on Samsung phone and tablet. Over the past few days have not been able to send mail but get incoming. When I put in outgoing setting I get can't reach server unsafe to reach server. Have spent hours on the phone no avail.use we mail ok but not convenient. Talktalk say it is z problem with the app and not access to their server.

As I have tried 3 other apps think it is their problem. Any ides please

Linkledger

Linkledger
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi shellybonharris, please start your own thread and make sure you add your landline and mobile numbers to your profile along with both affected email addresses. Then I can help get this sorted for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

It's the Duck Duck Go stand alone App that no longer works.I have no problem adding DDG to an existing Browser eg Safari or Firefox.However I do not believe this is a TalkTalk problem and I have posted it on the Apple Community.

0 Likes

shellybonharris
First Timer
Message 3 of 14

I've been having the same problem although mine won't send through gmail or through logging into talktalkmail on my laptop either . My husband is having the same problem .I've spoke to talk talk on the online chat bit it's still not resolved . 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
GDPR...hmm, hadn't thought of that.
DuckDuckGo...I've had no problems- just went to Settings and selected DuckDuckGo as the preferred search engine for Safari.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

It's only failed recently also at the same time unable to use Duck Duck Go Browser (not compatible with my Ipad  after 2 years with no problems ?). Both of these problems co-incidentally date from the new GDPR regulations from 25th May in the UK. Probably no connection.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi ElyResident

Grateful thanks for coming back and confirming. And you've provided a good tip that'll help others decide which app to opt for.

Nice one.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
Thank you, Gondola. The gMail app does indeed work, and seems to handle folders better than some other apps.

Message 8 of 14

Hi @ElyResident

The mymail app isn't secure enough. It, along with some other mail apps employ MD5 security which is no longer supported.

I'm confident that the gMail app will work on your iPad.  Or use webmail until the new TalkTalk mail is launched.  Here's a sneak peek at the new TalkTalk mail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ElyResident
First Timer
Message 9 of 14

I've had the same problem. The failure is peculiar to the mymail app an my iPad. Other iPad email programs, and Thunderbird on my desktop PC, work just fine. Odd how the problem has appeared after many months of excellent performance from mymail.

Here's the start of the error report:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

obscured for security
    Authentication problem occured while trying to authenticate my.namehere@talktalk.net with ‪smtp.talktalk.net‬, re-enter your credentials in mail application."

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi ambienttiverton, i just wanted to say thanks for helping out. It's always great to see a positive contribution that helps others find solutions. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ambienttiverton
Team Player
Message 11 of 14

Hi Linkledger-Have replaced myMail App with gmail app and it seems to work.

ambienttiverton
Team Player
Message 12 of 14

I have had the same problem using mymail app on my IPad. I have sent the Text of the error message (when the emails come back Failed To Deliver) to mymail customer support and they tell me to contact Talktalk . 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi Linkledger, does your mail work on a PC in a mail client? Can you post the exact error message for me. 

0 Likes