Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't send emails following password change

3 REPLIES 3
NickFive1
First Timer

Like a number of TT users over the years, I suddenly can't send emails from a client (Apple Mail or Thunderbird and from two different computers). The only thing is that I changed my account password yesterday. I have double, triple and quadruple checked all my settings. I can send from Webmail.
Spoke to a TalkTalk operative yesterday at length who took me through options for resetting SMTP, I also tried others such as changing ports and SSL settings. In the end, the operative concluded that given webmail worked this wasn't really a TalkTalk issue despite everything working well the previous day. 😞
I am convinced that changing the password has not been recognised/updated on TalkTalk's SMTP server but getting anyone to address that this might be an issue or offer a reset from TalkTalk's side is proving to be a problem. Of course I would be delighted if I were wrong 😉

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi NickFive1, is this still happening today? What email domain is your mailbox? I'd recommend only using the settings in the appropriate help article. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

NickFive1
First Timer
Sorry, it's me! Not TT.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

There's nothing to apologise for. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.