email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails using Onetel address

Rawb0
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello All,

I'm having issues sending emails using my Onetel account, from my Samsung phone.  I've tried using the exact settings for Onetel, stated in the Help section for Onetel customers and although I can receive them fine, I can't send.

Using both the Samsung and Gmail app, I get an error when the outgoing server configuration is being validated (when I try to save).  The config is simple, no auth, smtp.onetel.com, using port 25 with no ssl.

Can anybody confirm they are using the Onetel configuration stated by TalkTalk and that it works OK (smtp.onetel.com for outgoing) ? 

Or is anybody aware of any recent changes to the service that haven't been reflected in the help section?

Edit: Do I need to be on TalkTalk cellular connection for sending to work? 

Thanks,

Rob.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I've tried every combination of settings in Gmail to send via gmail servers and none of them work. 

After 6 days, it's getting rather wearing.  Could TalkTalk not have done this in a phased manner and switched groups of people over at a time, rather than just turning everyone's access off en masse and watching everyone struggle?

However much I've been able to sort out for myself, I live 90 miles away from my Mum. Although I was there last weekend, not being able to reset her Onetel password - as this move was supposed to sort out - means we can't access her account at all until it's finally migrated. As she's housebound and shops online, I have no idea what she's missing.

Fenny

Fenny
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@fenny42uk 

Post 2 also applies to you if your onetel mailbox is not yet upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

You'll need to send from your gmail address because you'll not get sending IP authentication to send from the onetel SMTP server.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

fenny42uk
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 6

"Can anybody confirm they are using the Onetel configuration stated by TalkTalk and that it works OK (smtp.onetel.com for outgoing) ? "

I've spent the last hour trying to update my outgoing mail settings for my onetel accounts on Gmail on my desktop and have got precisely nowhere. 

Even with the incoming mail, I had to delete the account imports and set them all up again. Only one gave me the option of setting up the outgoing Onetel details, but it wouldn't take the settings as given in Andy's post. But having had to log in to Onetel's web portal for the last 6 days, I'm thinking that receiving mail into my gmail accounts is a major step forward. 

As I am not currently, nor likely to be in the near future, a TalkTalk customer, I'm stuffed if I need to be on a TalkTalk broadband connection.

Fenny

Fenny
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Rob, it looks like Gondola's got this sorted for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Rob

You do need to be connected to the TalkTalk broadband network to get network authentication to send using an email app or email client.

Or use the Onetel Mailzone webmail sign in.

The settings as given in the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub are current. It's an insecure mail connection and whilst saying that outgoing authentication is not required it is required to authenticate with the normal email password for sign in and does require sending from the talktalk network to get IP address authentication.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer