email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive Talktalk or Onetel email.

brbrown
Whizz Kid
Message 35 of 35

I am using an iMac Catalina desk top computer.  Two weeks ago, I was able to send Talktalk  emails but not receive replies. Suddenly, I can no longer send or receive TT or Onetel emails.

I have checked all my account settings and they appear to be correct. Can anyone offer any help please. I have tried the Talktalk email telephone line who also operate Onel but unbelievably, they cannot help.

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Ok thanks for letting us know Brian. If you have anything else please let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Ady, things seem to have settled down overnight and all seems to be working as it should. Many thanks for your help. Regards. Brian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

NO. I can't log in to My Account either. It does not recognise my password. I have tried re-setting the passwords but they are not recognised.

So, I have various problems now but the email problem is the immediate one.

I have just this second received your email and did a test email which worked but everything seems erratic. It doesn't make sense. One minute I am asked for a password which it rejects. The  if I try it later it does.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Hi brbrown, are you able to login to webmail and send and receive email? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hello Stephan. Everything is chaotic again. I can't receive Talktalk emails anymore although I can get Onetel emails. Talktalk is showing as online but it keeps asking for my password which it now does not accept.

I checked my line status the other day and was told there was a problem on the Talktalk network which today is said to be fixed which it obviously is not.

I think this is a very poor situation and I am becoming very discontented with Talktalk.

I should be grateful if you could look into the matter and whilst you are at it, could you please set the server to delete emails from the server after they have been sent? They keep re-appearing after I delete them.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Thanks for the reply, Sure thing left leave things as they are for now and if you have any more issues just post a comment on your topic and we'll pick it up 🙂 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi brbrown,

Sorry for the delayed reply, are you able to access your email using any other clients or the onetel webmail https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php if you're unable to log into either then we may need to reset your account which i can do but will need some more info, if you could read and reply to the private message ive sent and also confirm if webmail works then we can help to progress this. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

It would seem my problem is more wide spread. In desperation, I have used the Talktalk Chat line several times in the hope of some help but I keep getting promises of a call back which never materialises except for one call which asked me all the questions I answered on the chat lines resulting in another promise of a call back. I am still waiting.

As a result, I am having to consider cancelling my contract with Talktalk and going with another Service Provider.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

...Not "same here" TominLondon. But I am seeing, perhaps as a by product of other issues, a delay in receiving some off-platform mail messages. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 35

My bank  is trying to send me an important access code, and I can't receive it. This is time-critical!

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Oh great Gondola. Many thanks for that information and your help. I look forward to the resolution. Best wishes.  Stay safe. Brian

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

No need, auto-escalated on Monday.

TalkTalk will need to raise a fault ticket for the talktalk mailbox apparently not receiving mail messages. 

But although you should see the sent message arrive I'd change the mailbox password to lock out any email clients that might be connecting and downloading mail messages.

I'm convinced that your mail sending issues with email clients are authentication issues probably because the wrong server is selected therefore the wrong authentication password is being presented.

Message 13 of 35

Hello Gondola, seeing you have escilated Bob Mass's problem to Talktalk. would you be able to do the same for mine please? Brian B

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Thank you - that explains everything.  A pity Talktalk didn't let us know before it happened, which would have avoided a lot of fruitless effort.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi Tim

As you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer the mailbox may be restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If your wife has received a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of the TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

So this would be a reason in this situation for the mailbox not being accessible via an email client but working ok via webmail.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hello.  No longer a Talktalk broadband customer.  My wife's talktalk e-mail is a legacy of when we were.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Hi Tim

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer for your home broadband and is your wife's talktalk.net email account added to your broadband MyAccount so that it shows in the My Mailboxes list.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

If it's not there then if you're a TalkTalk customer you can Add an existing mailbox. You just need the email address and password.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35
It's a talktalk.net account.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi Tim

Thanks for coming to the party with your expertise to help brbrown.  Are you having trouble with a talktalk.net or an onetel family mailbox?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hello Tim. Thanks for that. It kind of confirms in my mind, with limited knowledge that there is something wrong at the server. I guess time will tell and I await advice from Gondola whome you will see from above is being very helpful.

0 Likes