email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive e-mails, Authentication Credentials Invalid (TT300)

Artistef
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 7

I havent been able to connect via Outlook for Mac since 18.30 last night, I thought it could be that my VPN hadn't properly disconnected, but after a restart without the VPN the problem remains. Ihave been able to use Netmail, althpugh that occasionally grinds to a halt. Any ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Yes thanks, all working OK. I think in order to avoid this in future I'll have to quit Outlook before running the VPN. I used to do that as it was never possible to send e-mails while running the VPN, but since that problem disappeared I haven't bothered.

Message 3 of 7

Hi @Artistef 

Does that mean you're back in action? If so, great stuff.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know the TT300 was VPN related. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 7

Thanks Gondola, I was thinking this may be another VPN issue, turns out one of the ports had reverted to a default.

Message 5 of 7

Hi @Artistef 

Connecting to the mail server and presenting the wrong password is a possibility to check. Try not to use email both via a VPN and outside of the VPN because this can trigger a security issue where the server rejects the password / sign in.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Artistef
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 7

24 hours on and still no improvement, still getting TT300 error. This appears to be a POP3 related problem as I can get the e-mails on my phone, but that doesn't really help much. I've checked all the settings. Occasional e-mails are getting through on another pipex address, and I appear to be able to send on that, but it's as though my main address is being blocked. Help.... Anyone?

0 Likes