email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive email.

davep
Insightful One
Message 22 of 22

In client, email won't send or receive.   Seemed ok earlier.

Fault message :

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was @xxxxx@tiscali.co.uk'.

Server Error: 550

Server Response: 550 5.1.0 ZtYynSZwroOuU Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)

Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No

Changing ports didn't work either

From webmail get message

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [   xxxx @talktalk.net>] (550 - 550 5.1.0 ZtjDnMAIejlfU Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)
)

Can't see any other problems on community.  Any help welcome. (Except don't use that client!)

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Thanks all for contributions and a bit of fun thrown in!

Message 2 of 22

Hi all, the DNS server was rebooted and cleared the issue.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Makes a mess in the toaster, or do you have them cold?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 22

And BTW I felt the same when Entourage was dropped from Macs back in the day, a brilliant client that I still love and miss. Made by Microsoft exclusively for Apple, I know ....

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 22

Sacrilege to some maybe, but try popping a bit of cheese on top, mmmm....🤤

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Excellent.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you. My tea time now as well!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

@Gondola seems to be working now.  Hope all others are solve - would be nice to know wouldn't it.  Good example of community support working well!!

Thunderbird would be yet another new piece of software and password - I was forced into gmail a while ago thanks to TT.

Yes just the conventional HCB, done in toaster or under grill, and @ferguson DEFINITELY NOT flambé!  Burns what I hope are currants!  (Raisins wouldn't have quite had the same effect in reply!)

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 22

Dave

Looks as though the email admins have rebooted the servers. the smtp.tiscali.co.uk server is responding.

See if you can now send mail.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

I love hot-cross buns but just the conventional spiced ones. There's no problem with the talktalk.net servers. I tested that first both via webmail and Thunderbird. Thunderbird is good as a replacement for WLM and has the same classic feel.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

@davep wrote:

I've just had a hot cross bunny with my tea!

Lapin flambé? Délicieux!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

@Gondola  you must be spying on me!  I've just had a hot cross bunny with my tea!

Trouble is it's getting to the point of giving it all up and using post and telephone instead.  Glad I don't understand it, nor how another email client may or may not be more secure.  Can't do with passwords.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Bit premature as not able to send from tiscali.co.uk, but can from talktalk.net....

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Thanks Ady.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

I'm being serious Dave. Every time you take Windows Live Mail online you are taking risks. Then if the worst happens you will be a hot-cross bunny!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

@Gondola wrote:

'davep' wrote: ...Any help welcome. (Except don't use that client!)

And whilst TalkTalk are fixing the smtp.tiscali.co.uk outage...why are you still using the obsolete WLM client and insecure mail? You know that your mail messages and password can be intercepted and openly viewed! Dave, Dave, Dave!!!

because it's miles better than anything else I've seen.  Why Microsoft keep farting about changing to crap things just because others do, hence the marvelous ie (any you care to chose) is gone and replaced by a load of junk called "edge" to copy bigger load of cr4p called Chrome!!!  Oh dear, I got what seemed to be a scam email yesterday.  I was feeling a bit left out before that!

I'll maybe knock my call blocker off  the BT8500 so I can get some calls from scammers......or maybe not.

Oh yes - just got 7 messages from the community so maybe it is resolved?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

The incident has been raised. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 17 of 22

'davep' wrote: ...Any help welcome. (Except don't use that client!)

And whilst TalkTalk are fixing the smtp.tiscali.co.uk outage...why are you still using the obsolete WLM client and insecure mail? You know that your mail messages and password can be intercepted and openly viewed! Dave, Dave, Dave!!!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi all, it's been reported and the email admins are investigating.

Ady

Message 19 of 22

Hi Dave

I've just tried to send via Thunderbird and the smtp.tiscali.co.uk mail server and getting no response. So, either the server is down or the DNS has failed. Either way it's a TalkTalk issue and I'll report for you.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

From TT webmail get message (as above)

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [   xxxx @talktalk.net>] (550 - 550 5.1.0 ZtjDnMAIejlfU Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)
)

I looked at recent posts and didn't see any others, but maybe didn't look far enough back.

Seems can't send or receive on any of our devices, though I did receive a couple of messages in client and in TT Webmail.  Hopefully that helps but if it's not just me I know it's more or less wait and see.

Thanks as ever

PS - obviously not receiving email notifications of new posts so will keep refreshing, though will be away for a while shortly.

0 Likes