email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add tiscali email to my account

Big-Bad-Jim
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have had a TalkTalk Broadband& Telephone account for several years now (ever since they took over from Tiscali). As a family we have four Tiscali email accounts, I have successfully added three to my account but for some reason when I try adding my daughters email account I get the following error "Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later". This has been going on for quite a while now, my daughter still receives email OK, however we would like to link it to our broadband account.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

James

BigBadJim
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi James, thanks for letting us know the password reset sorted the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

No problem. I'll let TalkTalk Support know that the password upgrade was the necessary fix and that all is good. Many thanks for taking the time to let us know. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

Hi Gondola,

It appears that the password strength was the problem, my daughter changed it to a more secure password and now I have successfully added to our TalkTalk broadband account.

So all is good now, can you cancel the TalkTalk Support ticket?

Thanks so much for your help.

Kind Regards

James

BigBadJim

Message 4 of 10

Whilst waiting for TalkTalk Support I'll ask you about the strength of the password and password recovery reset details. 

Although you can sign in to the mailbox, a weak password could give rise to authentication issues. 

Please review the password strength following the advice here: Upgrade your legacy mail password to upgrade your email password just to ensure that's not the cause of the 'something went wrong' error message.

Message 5 of 10

More likely the transition to fibre effectively created a new MyAccount and the last remaining tiscali email address is linked to the archived ADSL account. Not to worry, TalkTalk Support can unlink and add the address to the current MyAccount. You'll receive a TalkTalk reply right here.

Message 6 of 10

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply, the email should not be attached to any other TalkTalk account as we have only ever had the one account. We did upgrade from ADSL to Fibre a few years back but it is still the same account. The only thing I can think of is that during the transition from Tiscali to TalkTalk somehow they became disconnected.

I have checked and updated my community account settings as you suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

James

BigBadJim
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

The email address is obviously active on the platform.  Is it linked to another TalkTalk MyAccount, perhaps a former account? That would be one reason to stop it being moved over if the account details don't match up to the current MyAccount.

I'll make a request to TalkTalk support to get the address manually added / unlinked and added.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address to be added and notes of any former address / account etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Big-Bad-Jim
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi Gondola,

I have successfully logged into my daughters Tiscali Webmail account, so the username and password are definitely correct!

I have logged into our broadband account and checked the email accounts:

TalkTalkmail.jpg

as you can see there are currently three accounts listed.

I tried again to add my daughters email account to our Broadband account but I get the following error message displayed:

Webmail.jpg

So really not sure what is going on.

Kind Regards

James

BigBadJim
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi James

You're right that any legacy TalkTalk Mail account that's on the TalkTalk Mail platform including an active tiscali.co.uk email address does need to be added to an active TalkTalk Consumer home broadband MyAccount in order to safeguard the email address from limited access and ultimately deletion.

The customer MyAccount supports up to 5 mailbox addresses in total.

So, if there are no more than 4 present in the My Mailboxes list then you should be able to add the email address by entering the first part of the address, selecting the tiscali.co.uk domain and entering the current password.

First check that the password is correct by signing in to the mailbox. If already signed in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then sign out first.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter the full tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know if there's an error message.

If you get signed in OK then go to the option in MyAccount to add an existing mailbox.

Managing your email in My Account select email not showing in My Account

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select My Services from the toolbar
  3. Choose Manage TalkTalk Mail
  4. Further down the list, is the option to Create a mailbox and Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox
  5. Select Add an existing mailbox
  6. In the box provided, enter the first part of your daughter's email address and select the tiscali.co.uk domain from the dropdown. Then enter the corresponding password for that email address
  7. Select Add. You will receive confirmation that the changes have been successful

Manage TalkTalk Mail Feb2021.png

Let us know how you get on.