email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my Tiscali email account to my Gmail acc.

John30444
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

With my old Lenovo tablet Android 5 (now dead), I was able to receive my Tiscali emails through my Gmail account.

My new Neocore E1+, with Android 9 prompts me to "Add another email address."

Then moves to "Set up email" page , where I choose "Other".

Next I enter my email address, when prompted , on the next window/page.  (My Tiscali email address even pops up in a reminder window, to help me!)

On the "What kind of acc. is this", I choose  Personal (IMAP)

On the password page I enter my password and double check it, then press next.

The "Incoming server settings page then displays my email address, password and "tiscali.co.uk" as my server. (I have tried talktalk.co.uk and talktalk.com as my server too)

However on tapping "next", all I get is "email security not guaranteed ; edit settings"

On tapping "edit settings",  I get "Try updating the port and/or the security type..."

The port displayed is 143 and security is START TLS.  I've tried all the combos on this page and then tap  "next" 

The tablet makes out that it's trying to connect and either returns to the same page, or blighthly states, "Cannot connect to the server."

Can anyone help?

John

John Calton
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi John, it's always great to hear back from a happy community member. I've taken the liberty of marking Gondola's post as the best answer for you. This not only recognises Gondola's help, but directs other people to the fix more quickly. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

You're most welcome John. Your confirmation of a solution also helps others so thanks for taking time out to let us know. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

John30444
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Yours was a brilliant post and the instructions helped me to access my emails thru' TalkTalk immediately. Many, many thanks.

It certainly pays to ask the Community, because I would have been working on this problem for another few days and still have been no nearer. I'm expecting the Lenovo Tab 11 (to replace the dead Lenovo Tab 2) today and so will be confidently applying your excellent instructions to that as well.

Viva the Community and helpful people like you!

Cheers,

John

John Calton

Message 4 of 7

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the post. I've replied to Gondola, thanking him for a great post. His solution worked brilliantly and I'm a very happy man.

Thanks to all in the Community,

John

John Calton

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi John30444, please let us know how you get on with Gondola's help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi John30444 

When starting to Add the tiscali email account to the Gmail app:

• You select Other and Enter your email address and NEXT
  • Select Personal (IMAP) account and NEXT
  • Enter the password

These are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings setup manually for the tiscali email account. You'll probably need to edit the mail server names to make sure the incoming server is prefixed by mail. and the outgoing server is prefixed by smtp. Note that the server host name domain is talktalk.net and that applies to all TalkTalk Mail email domains including tiscali.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username Full tiscali email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Require Sign in Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in MyAccount

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution