Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot download emails to Outlook

3 REPLIES 3
PMidgley
Participant

This may be a repeat post as I have not had any acknowledgment of one done earlier today,

I use Outlook within MS 365,  From yesterday i was unable to download new emails to my Outlook for the 2 Onetel accounts I have,  Error message came up to say that Outlook could not sync with subscribed folders - error 0x800CCC0E - cannot connect to server.

I have checked TalkTalk Mail and the new emails are present.  I can download new emails to my iPhone from TalkTalk without any issue.

Please advise.  I have screen shot with error report.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @PMidgley 

You may just need to re-enter the password for each email account in Outlook.

You've checked the password for each account when signing in to TalkTalk Mail. So, just clear the password in Outlook's settings and when sending you'll be prompted for the password. Tick the remember password box before entering the password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

jbuchanangb
Philosopher

Hi. 

My wife & I access our Tiscali & TalkTalk e-mail using Outlook365, and there's been one crazy thing that has caught us both out.

When the mail servers are having problems Outlook insists on popping up a message in front of you that it can't connect. It displays the username and the password masked as *******************.

If you are sitting there tapping away at your e-mail when that happens, the immediate thing is that your typing goes into the password field. Shortly you notice this, let out an expletive and hit OK to get rid of the error box.

You resume typing your e-mail. A few minutes later it happens again. This time you spot it because you weren't typing, and get rid of the box with Cancel.

What has happened now? The first time the error popped up, because the mail server was down as it was on Friday morning, your typing was accepted by Outlook, and because the "remember this password" was ticked by default, it has now saved your typing as the password.

The solution, and this is exactly what I had to do for my wife on Friday (because she doesn't know her email password), next time the error pops up, clear the ************** from the password field and type in the correct password.

This infuriating, but it's the way Outlook treats any failure to connect to mail server as if it was a password error.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi PMidgley, have you managed to get this sorted? You've had great advice, but please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.