email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Mail

HolidayBob
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 18

I have not been receiving emails as normal up to Thursday, yesterday I got a few emails today only three and they only came in after 17:00 and one of them was timed at 09:17 but that only came in at around 17:05.  We have four email accounts one is receiving emails OK.  one account that I did not download into my emailer, from Wednesday and Thursday are still showing ok but no new emails.  If I log into my accounts they show no emails, so what's going on?

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks, Bob.

My only problem in life is being born with so much taste but not enough money!
My Weather Station: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/satcom/
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi HolidayBob 

Well if YouTube have stopped sending email notifications the Notifications setting and Permission setting for email notifications is still present.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 18

As of August 13th I will not be the only person not receiving email for the channels they are subscribed to, this is because YouTube has stopped sending them see link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZth2DTHL0

Bob

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi @HolidayBob 

I asked if you had a gMail email address because if that's the Google account registered address then usually you cannot change it. However, you said no so in that case the Google account email address can be changed. And you can add further email addresses as per this Google article: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/19870

Message 4 of 18

Not that easy as YouTube is linked to your Google account, I have not found anyway to change my YouTube email address do you know how it's done, however, all was working ok and has been since I opened my YouTube until the other day?  Thanks, Bob.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

OK, so you have four mailboxes with TalkTalk. How about switching the YouTube email notifications to another of the TalkTalk mailboxes that you know is working? 

Message 6 of 18

They are TXT messages

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

...email notifications on your 'phone or text message notifications?

Message 8 of 18

No GMail account so it's not that easy, however, I am getting loads of notifications on my phone but that is not where I want them.  Bob

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi @HolidayBob 

Have you got a gMail account that you can switch the email notifications from YouTube to go to? Google wouldn't block their own notifications would they?  Switch to prove notifications are going out. Then switch back.

Message 10 of 18

Hi, it looks like Gondola has got this sorted. If anything changes please let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 18

It looks as if most of my mail is back OK however, I am still not getting any notifications from YouTube, there should be at least four as it's showing four on my phone.  So can you have a look into this for me I have checked the settings on YouTube and they are still as before.  Thanks, Bob.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

It looks as if my email is now working OK, however, I have checked my YouTube settings and they are as they should be, after all why would they change I have not changes them but I am still not receiving any email from them when someone posts a new video when I have asked to be notified? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

@HolidayBob wrote:...There are no filter rules set up in any of my TalkTalk accounts, I can log into all my email accounts so I know that mail is being sent to the spam box.  Having said all this it looks as if the mails in now coming as normal by the number of emails I have received for a Sunday ...
Thanks for your time and help so far and I will get back to you if I have any more problems with email.

OK Bob, thanks for confirming the above. We'll leave you to investigate the missing YouTube notifications.

Message 14 of 18

First as I have said "I have changed nothing", up until Thursday I was receiving emails OK.  Mailwasher is not acting as a POP3, it is used so you can download from all your email accounts and view them, it shows what it knows a spam and good emails all on one page, you can then if you wish reply from within Mailwasher, delete what mail you don't want or need, and if you wish send all the rest of the mail to your email client, using Mailwasher saves you downloading spam, and/or emails you don't want or need to keep into you email client, I can turn on/off what email accounts Mailwasher downloads within Mailwasher.  There are no filter rules set up in any of my TalkTalk accounts, I can log into all my email accounts so I know that mail is being sent to the spam box.  Having said all this it looks as if the mails in now coming as normal by the number of emails I have received for a Sunday, I say all the emails are coming in however, I am not receiving any from YouTube, as you many know if you have subscribed and ticked the bell icon when a new article is posted you get an email from YouTube, so it looks as if I need to go and check on YouTube to see if they have been messing about with anything.  Thanks for your time and help so far and I will get back to you if I have any more problems with email.  Regards, Bob.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi HolidayBob 

If Mailwasher is acting as a POP3 client and downloading and deleting your mail messages from the mailbox Inbox then the online Inbox will be empty. If an unauthorised mail client is connecting to your mailbox and also downloading and deleting messages then that needs to be locked out.

If the incoming messages are detected as Spam then they may be in the Spam folder.

If there are Filter rules active on your online mailbox then those rules may be blocking or diverting your messages before Mailwasher gets them.

So, to fully troubleshoot the issue I would like you to take some actions.

To prepare for TalkTalk support, please double check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Then, one at a time for each email address, change the email password to lock out Mailwasher and any other unauthorised mail clients so the online mailbox can be checked.

Changing your email password - use the Forgotten password button which will indicate if you have set up Reset details. Advice is on the help page on setting up Reset details - ideally you would have options including an alternate email address and a current mobile phone number .

Or use the Change password option in MyAccount to double check the email address is listed there and the password change is active. It'll take up to 5 minutes for a password change to be actioned on the Mail platform. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail  to check the password is working.

Compose and send the same mailbox a message. Check that message sends without error and goes into the Sent objects folder and then arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Check all folders for missing messages including Spam and Trash. Check there's no Filter rule diverting or blocking your mail messages.

Filter rules - Disable

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Let us know when you've carried out all of the above recommended actions and the results in each case.

Message 16 of 18

Yes I am a TalkTalk customer and have been for over 20 years.  All was working on the 12,13 and 14th August, I have changed nothing, I use MailWasher Pro to receive my emails and as I was not receiving any mail, I went to the TalkTalk site and logged into my email accounts and nothing there.  I normally receive around 20 or so a day as I do surveys but have not received them also, all seemed to be working 3 or 4 days ago.  Also I get an email every Saturday regarding a YouTube channel I watch and nothing received today, I also checked my YouTube channels that I receive a notification from if there are new postings and I can see a few emails I should have received.  I did however, receive your email reply, so some emails are getting through.  Regards, Bob. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @HolidayBob 

Are you still a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) or MailPlus customer and if so are all your mailboxes added to your MyAccount? Managing your email in My Account

I assume you're in the UK currently. How do you normally receive your mail messages? Webmail or email software / app?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Check for each mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform that there's no Auto forward or Filter rule selectively diverting your mail messages.

Compose a mail message and send that message to the same email address you're signed in to. Make sure the message sends and appears in the Sent objects folder and then appears and stays in the Inbox. That's to check each mailbox is working via webmail as expected.

Let us know the outcome.

0 Likes