email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get mail, no password provided for "talktalk" on my iphone

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 28 of 28

I've reset the account details, web mail is fine my phone works fine but my wife's gets the above message, the mail client is mail.talktalk.net

Anyone who can help please

Regards

David

D Hubbard
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Glad we could help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 28

The Community Genie granted my wish! I love this Community

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hey Gondola it appears you really are a community Magician!!!!!

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 28

Always great to see that Gondola's assistance has been appreciated. 

Ady

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 28

Hi Gondola

Thanks for that you’ve got some patience dealing with numbskulls like me

if only you could talk to a person I’m sure it would be sorted in minutes.

So Thanks very much, I’m usually pretty good at sorting PC problems

Regards

David Hubbard 

D Hubbard

Message 6 of 28

Name: the from name as seen by people you send mail to.

Username: your full email address.

Account: your full email address.

Host name: mail.talktalk.net

SMTP Host name: smtp.talktalk.net

If you get stuck just take screenshots, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address, and upload here.

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 28

Hi Gondola

My wife’s and my emails are now sending and receiving from our iPhones

so thanks for unfortunately I’ve completely cocked up up Pc now so I’ll have to see if I can sort out that some time 

you say it’s straightforward but what is a “ username “ ,account name etc it’s all very confusing to me I’m just not sure what is always wanted is it my name my email address talktalk I just don’t know 

regards 

David Hubbard

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

It's all very straight forward so long as you don't go off on your own which is why we're here to guide you.

You still haven't told us if you have space in your MyAccount to add your wife's email address bearing in mind you can have only 5 email addresses per MyAccount.

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 28

I’ve corrected the phone number but I ll have to give up now it’s given me a blinding headache I just can’t stand anymore at the moment 

I’ll try again later

thanks for your help, I’ve just had enough now 

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

To add your wife's email address to your customer MyAccount you just need to know her current password and that's the same as the one you'd just used to sign into her webmail mailbox.

You only get a 6 digit code sent to a mobile number if you forgot the password. 

To correct the password recovery Reset details, sign in to her webmail mailbox and you'll find 'Update your reset details' is an item on the main settings menu as shown here:

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 28

tried to add anexisting account got code sent and now find the phone number is wrong so ive got to find out how to put that right, it's never ending

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 28

I'll try

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Wheelman 

I've obscured the email addresses but can confirm your wife's email address is active and has password recovery set up with a mobile phone number.

Your wife's email address has not been added to your customer MyAccount.  You're allowed up to 5 mailboxes. Is there a spare slot that you can add your wife's email address into?

You just need the email address and the current password.  It's the same password as you used to sign into her webmail account. Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount follow the guidance in Email not showing in MyAccount.

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 28

tried to add obscured for customer security it won't let me 

why is there no email address next to account?

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 28

No account email address "available"

*removed*  1st address

all the rest "available "

no*removed*

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

'Wheelman' wrote:...web mail it has her emails up till 2020 and my email address in the menu on the left, when i look at thay it say's "Empty"?

Just on the issue of seeing an 'Empty' message for your email account.  You should see an inward facing arrowhead prefixing your email address and if you select that you'll expand to show all folders for your email address. Click / tap on Inbox under your email address and you should now see the message content of your Inbox.

Message 17 of 28

To definitely check:

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select My services from the toolbar
  3. Choose Manage TalkTalk Mail

This will take you to My Mailboxes that are associated with your customer account.

Is your wife's email address listed?

Message 18 of 28

I'm pretty sure that her password is strong enough.

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Wheelman
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 28

The talk broadband account is in my name and my wife's email should also be part of that account.

When i look at web mail it has her emails up till 2020 and my email address in the menu on the left, when i look at thay it say's "Empty"?

D Hubbard
0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

The email notifications are sent from Community and it's a 'noreply' address which means do not reply to the email as replies are not accepted by email. No, we haven't seen your email.

I'll repeat my questions:

• Is your wife's email address added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount either as part of your broadband package or a MailPlus mail only subscription?  Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.
  • And is the password strong enough?

0 Likes