email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to tinyworld.co.uk emails using Thunderbird

zicoian
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Please would someone post the current POP3 settings to access tinyworld.co.uk emails?  For the last couple of days I have been getting the message "Connection to server pophost1.tinyworld.co.uk timed out" on both my tinyworld emails using Thunderbird.  This worked fine up until then.  I can log onto both email accounts using webmail so it's not a password issue.  Has something changed on the server side?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I've asked if we've made any changes that lead to this intentionally. 

I'll post back as soon as I hear anything.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi @zicoian 

We have not been advised of any changes to the tiscali.co.uk / talktalk.net servers on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Neither was there any prior warning that an out of date legacy name server would either fail to respond or be decommissioned. I can see that the legacy name server isn't responding.

So, it's good to know that mail.talktalk.net on port 995 for POP3 mail is working for you.  Exactly as it should be.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Since posting my original query, I had seen your replies to the lineone queries and tried using mail.talktalk.net port 995,which worked, as you were suggesting.  Thank you for the clarification.  However, it's obvious that at some point yesterday (April 1st, strangely enough), the very old legacy mail server settings that had worked fine for tinyworld and lineone up to that point were turned off or switched to the recommended solution, without any notification that I can find.  It seems to me that these queries could have been nipped in the bud if we had all been given some warning beforehand.  Were you aware of such a switch?

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @zicoian 

You're using a very old legacy mail server setting.

The incoming pop server settings are:

Account Type  POP3
Username tinyworld email address
Password tinyworld email password
Mail server name pop.tiscali.co.uk
OR mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP mail server name smtp.tiscali.co.uk
OR smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Authentication method Normal Password

You'll need to accept the certificate and save the password for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

The TalkTalk recommended server names end in talktalk.net

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution