email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive e-mails from one sender

DrBob
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

My golf club sends mass e-mails from *****@hdid.co.uk

For the past year these do not get through to my @Lineone.net account.

They get bounced with  -

16/11/2020 15:14 - bounce (554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy)

I have deleted all filter rules and added them my address book.

All other e-mails get through.

Any advice??

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I'm afraid not yet. I've sent a couple of chasers too. I've asked again this morning. Hopefully, I'll hear back this time. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi OCE_Ady 

Do the email team have anything to report?

KR

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi DrBob, I've asked the email team to investigate. It's possible we're blocking the domain or that cloudmark are blocking the domain. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 12

Hi DrBob 

Is your golf club using mass mailing via sparkpostmail? I ask because the failure message when searched for on the Internet appears to be associated with sparkpostmail.

Bear in mind that if your filter rules were blocking sparkpostmail's senders then all you need to do is ask the golf club staff to reenable mailings or maybe just resubscribe to their mailing in the normal way.

Do you think you could resubscribe and let us know if that works.

What TalkTalk would require to investigate this:

• Date and time of the last failed message sent
  • The sender's IP address and sending mail address
  • The full bounceback error message
  • The email header associated with this bounceback error
  • Your talktalk email address

Just letting you know so this can be organised if needed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 12

Thanks 18this,

Maybe someone (@Gondola?) could advise me how I can contact TalkTalk and get them to resolve this.

Thanks for your interest.

KR

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi again DrBob

I did a bit more of a search on this and there is quite a number of  other golf clubs who use the @hdid.co.uk address whose members are reporting the same problem. The consensus seems to indicate that it is the recipients email server, in this case TalkTalk, that is blocking the emails from getting through.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.

Message 7 of 12

Thanks 18this,

Contacting the club is not a problem and the Managing Secretary is trying to help me with this issue. There seems to be a block with @hdid.co.uk both sending and receiving.

I noticed another golfer (on Outlook) had an identical problem with @hdid.co.uk - but the solution was not revealed - if there was one.

KR

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

@DrBobIs there anything on this webpage that is of help to you in contacting them?

https://www.pyecombegolfclub.com/v2allcontacts.aspx

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi DrBob 

The email address you sent to is not valid. The mailbox for the email address does not exist. In fact when I look at the Pyecombe Golf Club website I see they do not advertise any email address to contact them just a website contact form.

Why aren't you fully confident? You've say you've deleted Filter rules in both your email client software and checked there are no Filter rules operating on the TalkTalk Mail inbox. You've tested sending mail from the lineone mailbox straight back to the lineone Inbox and you haven't reported any problem with that.

Either the BRS golf booking system or the golf club should have a way of removing their block on sending out mail once you give them a positive assurance that you've removed the block on their mail messages.

Message 10 of 12

Thanks Gondola,

Did everything you suggested.

Then sent e-mail to golf club at pyecombegolfclub@hdid.co.uk

which was bounced :-
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 2 second(s):

* pyecombegolfclub@hdid.co.uk

Reason: The following message to pyecombegolfclub@hdid.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 Unknown user

Reporting-MTA: dns; cm3gb1 [10.101.251.3]
Received-From-MTA: dns; [192.168.1.11] [89.241.198.9]
Arrival-Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 16:02:54 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; pyecombegolfclub@hdid.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Unknown user

I have asked them to send me a tis e-mail - but don't feel optimistic!

KR

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @DrBob 

The error message indicates that the sender has ceased sending because previous messages have been blocked or marked as spam.  i.e. Your golf club is not able to use the mail service because its mail service is not sending out mail to you.

You say you've now removed filter rules. If one of those rules was the cause of blocking or marking as spam then you've removed the reason that caused the mail service to stop sending.

Carry out a test. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. i.e. send yourself a message.

Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail from the TalkTalk Mail Inbox.

To check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages:

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

Having fully checked there's nothing impacting mail arriving in your TalkTalk Mail Inbox you now need to contact your Golf Club to resume sending you mail.