email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails from noreply@bookinglive.co.uk

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 21 of 21

My local authority run classes for the community using their booking live webpage.

After booking a class a confirmatory email is sent from noreply@bookinglive.co.uk.  However these emails do not reach me either in Talktalk webmail or Thunderbird nor do they go into the spam folder.

Do you have any ideas why this might be happening?  I can view copies of the emails that have been sent to me in the email section of the booking live account page. I have u-block origin installed but disabling it does not rectify the situation.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi cobaltblue, thanks for posting back to let us know you'd got to the bottom of this with Gondola's help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi cobaltblue 

Good to know that you're back in action receiving mail.

When mail cannot be delivered then mail senders will usually retry sending over a period of time. That time frame can vary but when it times out the mail sender may then suppress sending to an 'undeliverable address'. This is a protection measure to avoid the sender's mail being flagged as spam.

The originators of a mail message may or may not be aware that mail is not being sent to 'suppressed addresses'.

TalkTalk's own billing system has a prompt reaction to suppress sending to 'undeliverable' addresses. There's millions of mail notifications going out each month that TalkTalk can't risk the mail sender being flagged for spam. But in TalkTalk's case the undeliverable addresses do get retried in the following month and if still undelivered then that generates a letter to the account holder.

Thanks for taking the time this weekend to let us know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 21

Thanks Gondola,  it was finally admitted that your explanation of why I was not receiving emails was correct.

It's often the case that the mail sender has had mail bounced back as unable to deliver and will then suppress further sending. Mail may appear to be sent but any suppressed send needs to be cleared to resume outgoing mail to your email address.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 21

When you click on your avatar, then click on "My Profile", then select ACTIVITY, @cobaltblue:

Screenshot_20220707-120505_Chrome.jpg

Then scroll down to see your previous posts. When you are signed in you can see the responses to them.

If not signed in, but clicked through via your name, you'll see only what you yourself posted:

Screenshot_20220707-120520_Chrome.jpg

So yesterday's post didn't appear to make it - you always need to see the blue post button going pinky-purple to ensure that the post will display. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 21

Please can you tell me how to see a list of my previous posts. I thought I sent one yesterday but I cant remember how to find my previous posts. I have tried clicking on my avatar but still cant work it out. I am wondering if I never actually sent my problem about devices dropping the wifi connection even when the router says there is one

Thank yo so  much

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

You're very welcome. Sorry there's not a more definitive answer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 21

Dear Ady 

Thanks for checking out the servers. I will just have to ignore the problem, there must be a solution somewhere but the bookinglive team at EFDC don't seem to be too interested at the moment. I will let you know if I do have success.

Many thanks

Message 8 of 21

Thanks for confirming the security information.  I've scanned the last 7 days and can find no instances of our servers rejecting mail from that sending address. 

Ady

Message 9 of 21

Go to your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community. You should see a red circle with a white number. Select the avatar and then the envelope icon to go to Personal Messages to read and then reply to Ady-TalkTalk.

0 Likes

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 21

Hi Ady, how do I see your private message? Sorry to be dim.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi cobaltblue, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 21

Hi Gondola, pausing Kaspersky made no change.  Someone sent me from their hotmail account a zipped folder containing an exe file.  This did not arrive and there was no indication to them that it had been intercepted and not delivered and no indication to me either or that it had been put in my junk folder.

You did mention earlier that you would refer the matter to Ady to see if the Talktalk servers are stopping emails from  noreply@bookinglive.co.uk from reaching me.

Many thanks

Message 13 of 21

If you think Kaspersky internet security is blocking anything you think it should not then the immediate troubleshooting is to temporarily disable Kaspersky. If that proves Kaspersky is blocking then you simply add an exclusion and in this case I'd recommend adding apps.talktalk.co.uk as an exclusion to network scanning.

0 Likes

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 21

Just to be clear https://www.bookinglive.com/ is an Enterprise Online Booking System. It is used by many local authorities etc

and a Youtube video of how it works is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtsvawXovk&t=16s

The website is bookinglive.com and the emails come from noreply@bookinglive.co.uk

Similarly, the talktalk website is talktalk.co.uk but the emails come from talktalk.net

Given that it is Kaspersky that is coming up with the certificate error about the oxfordsailtraining.org.uk being out of date when the latter is up and running right now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD8pN9hL2mk) because it is looking at the booklnglive.co.uk bit plus the emails are being blocked when sent to talktalk and hotmail do you think it could be Kaspersky that is the problem?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Just to add a comment that I can see that bookinglive.co.uk is now on the UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist only and this is a list that automatically delists when there's no further evidence of unsolicited mail in their spam-traps. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi cobaltblue,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing this problem?

Chris

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 17 of 21

Hi Gondola

For confirmation

1. Actually the website is https://eppingforestdc.bookinglive.com/.    When I put bookinglive.co.uk into chrome search box Kaspersky blocked it as untrustworthy and problems with the certificates. eg a certificate dated 2019 issued to oxfordsailtraining.org.uk!

2. The booking live team see the emails as being sent successfully . I have just checked and the emails are definitely coming from noreply@bookinglive.co.uk NOTcom

3. When I log in to my booking live account I can click on links to view  all the content of the emails sent to me from noreply@bookinglive.co.uk. These are all up-to-date as I have been making some test bookings.

Message 18 of 21

Hi cobaltblue 

Good questions. I've pushed a request into the TalkTalk workflow so just waiting on Ady to come online and pick that request up and reply to you here in Community.

CloudMark is the vendor for TalkTalk's network spam filters. CloudMark gathers intelligence on potential spam sources from agency blacklists as well as TalkTalk customers marking unsolicited mail as spam.

Apart from the blacklists there's no other obvious problem so long as bookinglive.co.uk is actually sending the messages. Ady will be able to see what is inbound to the mailbox.

It's often the case that the mail sender has had mail bounced back as unable to deliver and will then suppress further sending. Mail may appear to be sent but any suppressed send needs to be cleared to resume outgoing mail to your email address.

0 Likes

cobaltblue
Whizz Kid
Message 19 of 21

Hi Gondola, what is the best way for me to contact Talktalk Support these days?  Please can you confirm whether it something Talktalk needs to do or Epping Forest dc? Should I phone them or use some other method?

What is Cloudmark Filtering?   Who or what is using that? 

Many thanks for your helpful comments

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi cobaltblue 

I can see that bookinglive.co.uk is on the UCEPROTECTL2 and UCEPROTECTL3 blacklists. The CloudMark filtering might be picking up on those listings although those particular blacklists aren't always a great indicator of spam.

Probably best for TalkTalk Support to work with you to remove any blocking of bookinglive.co.uk.