email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset email password

richardstarkey
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I am the account holder but my wife also has a Talktalk email address which she can't remember the password for.

I've tried to reset it but for days have been stuck in a loop, the only way she gets offered to reset her password is by sending a reset email to the account she can't remember the password for!

I've been trying to find a phone number for days as I assumed this would be an easy fix, but I cannot find a number anywhere anymore.

Can someone help please?

I also have 3 other email addresses I guess I could with adding some alternative emails/phone numbers too just in case.

Thanks

Richard Starkey

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Richard

The number in a red circle 🔴 on the avatar indicates the number of unread notifications and personal messages. But we have a bug that on the bell icon for the notification feed the red circle is absent without leave. The red circle on the envelope icon is ok. If you don't have a number in a red circle on the envelope icon then either you have read all messages or Ady's message is also absent without leave. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 7

Hi Gondola, thanks. Very odd, I have a '2' in a red circle, but no messages are in my Inbox!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Richard, yes Personal Messages via Community are indeed via selecting your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community and then selecting the envelope icon. New messages in the Inbox list have a red dot.

Message 4 of 7

Hi Ady

Thanks for this. I can't see a message? Do you mean email or in the top right hand corner in the envelopes?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi richardstarkey, if the email is associated with your account I can run through security with you to allow us to change the reset password tool details for your wife. I've sent you a personal message.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Richard

For all the TalkTalk managed email addresses for which you know the password, make sure they're added to your customer MyAccount. Managing your email in My Account 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter each email address and its password, select Sign in.

Set up password recovery Reset details via the main settings menu that's the triple line icon top right header (cog icon on a mobile browser).  You'll find Update your reset details is an item on the menu.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

For the email address that hasn't had password recovery set up in advance, I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TT Staff member will need to verify you/your wife as the registered email user and set up the password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so youshe can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.